Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miley who? Since the release of Selena Gomez's first CD, “Kiss & Tell,” the hearts of many fans have transferred from the kid-candy pop of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus to the sweet sound of Gomez's soothing voice. The Disney actress tries to reach out to her audience as she reveals her full potential in her new pop-rock songs. Can the native Texan prove to the world that she can do more than act and put on a pretty face? Will her audience accept the sudden change in Gomez's career? We'll see.

Known more as an actress on the hit show, “Wizards of ­Waverly Place,” Gomez's singing talent was hidden ­behind hilarious facial expressions and comedic lines. When I first heard the familiar sound of her voice flow with the catchy tune of “Cruella De Vil” from Disney's “101 Dalmatians,” I leaped in excitement. She blew me away with her optimistic voice, and amazing control. Selena Gomez will dominate the charts with her bubbly personality, rock-hard beats, and soul-touching lyrics.

As a new singer, Gomez brought her best to her debut album with heartfelt songs like “The Way I Loved You” and fast, dance beats of “More” and “Naturally.” The beats control the listener's mind, giving anyone the urge to get up and dance. The lyrics scream fun and excitement and the catchy melody makes the song difficult not to sing constantly the next day.

I highly recommend buying this talented Disney star's first CD. I have no doubt that Selena Gomez will find her way to the top of the charts and leave a permanent impression.

Lauren_Young14 said...
Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:33 am:
I hate Selena, her voice isn't even real! It is all auto tune grossness. She doesn't deserve any of the fame she has. 

pianokeysevie said...
Honestly, her voice sounds better when she's NOT singing before a live audience... Is it altered or something??

polkaolkadots said...
      I really liked the review, but I can't stand Selena Gomez's voice. She's a good actor, and I think she should stick to acting.

MiniA said...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:13 pm:
Well written..just..why Selena?

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
So well written that it almost makes me believe she's a good singer, but she isn't....

Rogersright replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:50 pm :
lol you stole the words right outta my mouth .

Smiler4Life said...
I loved the writing in this article! But, I'm not really a big fan of Selena at all. I'm a Miley fan forever. Personally I think, Selena's songs don't fit her voice. She isn't really good at singing (live, that is) But, now a days with all of the auto tone junk, it makes celebrities seem better. I do respect her but, I honestly am not a fan.

beebug replied...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm :
I feel the same exact way about the poeple fixing other peoples vioces to fit in with whats in the now. If you can sing, great. But if you cant please dont waste my time.

JuneTaz said...
Thanks for posting this! I too believe that people should be excited to explore Selena's new talent as a pop star. I think that you did a nice job explaining your feelings, but maybe it'd be especially helpful if you told more about her past and how she's come to the music industry.

Brainer said...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:09 am:
i love SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!! she is amazing i love her music and everything else:) and great review.

BABY! said...
Selena is a great singer. Although I do not like one of her new songs. But who cares. She needs to keep singing!

Bookworm1998 said...
Sept. 5, 2011 at 11:16 am:
Selena is definately doing great and i love her music, but i'm not going to give up on miley and demi because they hit a couple of bumps in their career. Miley will forever be at the top of my list with her new movies coming out, and her toned down wardrobe ever since the Teen Choice Award performance (which i thought rocked anyway). I mean, did anyone see her at the MTV Video Awards? completely covered up! i still have my faith in her! Demi is making her way back with such a nice song like Skys... (more »)

she-is-a-strange-duck said...
Go Selena!!! I think she really does have talent and won't go bad like some singers you see... but I must admit when I first saw the Kiss and Tell album cover I thoguht she was being a vampire and I'm like "OH no, stop the madness" but I was wrong... thankfully...

emilybwrites said...
i agree! miley cyrus is going down the britney spears road and demi lovato went down the wrist-slitting road (which i was really sad about cause i thought she had potential) but i think selena is going places!

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm:
i think selena gomez is a great role model, but i've never listened to her music before. i'll look for her on itunes!

hunnybuntwixThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 9:45 pm:
selena gomez totally beats miley cyrus! especially as a role model for girls

Though_Heart said...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 6:12 pm:
I absolutly LOVE selena gomez! I can't wait till her newest one comes out in June!!!!!

ImagineBelieveHope said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 8:14 pm:
This CD is AMAZING and I'm so proud of Selena for all her accomplishments. Her new CD, A Year Without Rain, is EVEN BETTER!

RozaB said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 11:41 am:
Actually, I completely agree with everything you're saying. And I just recently discovered "Naturally" and I love it! Great review! She definetly is "the new thing!"

hunnybuntwixThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm :
not just the new thing she is THE THING