August Rush This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“August Rush” gets two-thumbs way up. This heart-warming film includes ­romance, music, drama, and is filled with exhilaration, excitement, and sadness throughout. I am definitely adding this movie to my top three favorites list.

Call me crazy but “August Rush” influenced me to con­tinue playing the violin and ­cello. It also gave me hope for the future.

Orphan Evan Taylor (Freddie Highmore) hears ­music all around and can turn noise, like the bustling New York City streets, into a beautiful symphony. By using his gift, he believes his parents will hear the music he creates and find him.

Twelve years earlier, two musicians, Lyla Novacek (Keri Russell) and Louis Connelly (Jonathan Rhys Meyers), met and were drawn together by a street musician’s version of “Moondance.” They fell in love while sitting on a moonlit rooftop. Lyla promises to meet Louis under the arch at Washington Square, but when her ­father rushes her off to her next concert, Louis is left believing she doesn’t care. He can’t handle playing his music anymore. Lyla also abandons her music after she is led to believe her baby is killed in a car accident.

In search of his parents, Evan goes on a strange adventure, meeting interesting people along the way. While seemingly separated forever, will Lyla, Louis, and Evan be brought together by love and music once again? To discover the ending, including a little twist, you will have to see the movie.

beautifulspirit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 10:46 am:
This movie was so sweet and warmed my heart~ It's a must-see definitely!

violinchic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm:
I love this movie! I also play the violin, and its definitely a must-see.

star said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 10:05 am:
i love this movie its so amazing my favoritest name is lyla witch i got off of this movie

JeanGrey said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm:
I love that movie! After I first saw it i forced my brother and sister to see! And Evan was right... If you listen hard enough you can actually hear music in the wind... This was a great review!

StormyJ said...
I love this movie, on the part when Hope sings in the church my sister rewinded it so much its scratched up and at the end when he's playing!!! Its so awesome I loved it!!! The whole movie! LOL :O

logannycole said...
This is definitely my all-time favorite movie. I can't help but run to my piano of guitar right after I watch it. It is so inspiring. Great article :)

spontaneous09 said...
Nov. 26, 2009 at 12:39 am:
This movie is so inspiring. I adore the boy. I mean, how can he look at everything with fresh eyes? How can he be in love with all the sounds like that?
It has inspired me to find a passion that I can go crazy over too!

bennyB said...
this movie is so hearth warming adn it speak to mee and also is aout all u got to do t make it big

Raymond W. said...
Jun. 26, 2009 at 3:57 pm:
At first when My mom rented this movie it was just gonna be another boring movie. Then I felt myself suck into this mystical tale. I've seen it 50 times and your review and the movie were fantastic.

loveitthewayitis2 said...
May 26, 2009 at 2:44 pm:
i loved this movie i would love to watch it again

Jackie O. said...
Mar. 27, 2009 at 6:38 pm:
I totally agree!!! This movie is so amaazing! It's very inspirational!

tweedle dee said...
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

n1nj@ said...
Congrats on being published in teh teen ink magazine. loved the review and the movie.keep up the good work

canthelpbutlaugh said...
tehe.. i freakin love this movieee.. and urr reviewww!!!

theauthorLH said...
I haved played cello for only 2 years. Unfortunatly I do not have a private teacher.

hyperactivegurl08 said...
I totally agree with this review! i'm telling you that you, you have a voice. the way you said it, everything flowed easily from one place to another. it really makes me want to watch it for my 2nd time.

awsomeaugust said...
I totally and completley agree. I really liked this movie and for so mnay reasons. THe actors were great (i completley hated Robin Williams!)

edwardcullenluvr#1 said...
Nov. 9, 2008 at 3:42 am:
I <3 the cello!!! how long have you been playing? wat orchestras if any? private lesson teacher?

Saw Lady said...
Nov. 4, 2008 at 12:26 am:
I enjoyed this movie. I am a NYC street musician myself, and I thought the street scenes where the kids perform were really good. Any movie which inspires kids to learn to play an instrument deserves thumbs up. Saw Lady http://www.SawLady.com/blog