Transformers | Teen Ink

Transformers

December 3, 2007
By Anonymous

Transformers

The 2007 movie Transformers is based upon the mid 80's cartoon of the same name. It isn't the first Transformers movie to be released. There was an animated movie released in 1986, but it is the first to not be animated. Transformers is rated PG-13.

The movie starts with a teen-aged boy named Sam Witwicky trying to sell his great grandfather's things so he can buy a car. His father buys him a used car that looks really beaten up. He tries to impress a girl named Fox with little success. One night the car starts to drive on its own. Sam thinks that his car is being stolen at first but then he discovers it is an alien called a Transformer that can morph into a machine. The following day his car follows Sam and he tries getting help from a police car but it ends up being another transformer. As he is running away he runs into Fox. Sam's car ends up getting into a fight with the other Transformer. After the fight the other transformers come to earth. The transformers are divided into to factions: the Autobots and the Decepticons. The leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, reveals that the all spark crashed landed into the Earth ages ago and that the Decepticons are trying to find and use it to fuel there evil ambitions as well as revive their leader, the evil Megatron.

The theme of this movie is that things and people aren't always what they seem to be. The Transformers seem to be everyday objects and vehicles but in reality they are giant robots. Sam Witwicky starts out as someone who doesn’t seem to be capable of much but he stands up against Megatron.

The movie takes place in a modern day city, in a junkyard, and out in the desert.

I thought this was a fairly good movie. The plot was rather unbelievable, giant robots wage war across and around the city, but it is a movie after all. The acting was well done, the Transformers even sounded like they did in the original cartoon. The special effects were superb. When a Transformer morphs, thousands of pieces are seen hovering around an area and then they reform.

I believe Transformers was intended for audiences from ages ten on up. It has some swearing but it is based on a kids cartoon.

I think overall Transformers is a well made movie and should be given a chance.