The Passion of the Christ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I watched the touching movie "The Passion of the Christ." Director Mel Gibson has said that making this film was the turning point of his career because it challenged his faith, and he hopes it will affect Hollywood too. It is rated R because of the graphic violence that portrays the enormous suffering Jesus went through. There's also a violent whipping scene, and the actual crucifixion will keep you on the edge of your seat hoping that the agony will end.

The movie shows the last 12 hours of Christ's life, but lasts only two hours. The dialogue is in Aramaic and Latin, the languages of that time. "Passion" overtook the box office records of "Lord of the Rings" and "Star Wars" on opening night. Many are offended by this depiction of Biblical events, and in response Gibson says, "They probably don't like the book, either."

I do not recommend this movie if you are against horrible beatings or gruesome images. I give this movie two thumbs up, though. It could change your faith. It did mine.

CookieViking said...
I cried too .....i loved it.....i like moives that make me cry....=]

amerie said...
when i saw this movie all i did was cry like a baby...i lov my jesus !!!!!!