Man on Fire | Teen Ink

Man on Fire

“Man on Fire” Movie Review

The movie “Man on Fire” was produced in the year of 2004. This movie was created about three to four years ago, but I have recently watched it. This movie was full of action and suspense and it really caught my eye.

The movie takes place in Mexico City, Mexico where many kidnappings take place every day.
It tells the story of a man named Creasy (Denzel Washington) who goes to Mexico City to find a job as a bodyguard. He does find himself a job as a bodyguard for a family and their daughter Pita (Dakota Fanning.) Pita and her family are very wealthy, and live in a mansion with servants and cooks. Pita’s wealthy lifestyle soon takes a change for the worst after her piano lesson. The outcome is that Creasy was shot in a bloody gun battle and Pita was kidnapped by a bunch of men with guns. I liked this scene a lot because most of it was in slow motion and there was a lot of action. After Creasy spent his time in the hospital, he was out and looking for revenge on every man that was involved. Ultimately, he wanted to get revenge on everybody who was involved in Pita’s kidnapping. By doing this he hoped to build up enough information to get Pita back to her family. I love the way he goes from being a typical bodyguard, to an assassin who is out for blood and vengeance. I also like his determination on trying to get Pita back because he could have left if he really wanted too, but he cared for Pita too much. Pita helped him to smile and start living again. Before he met Pita he was very unhappy and an alcoholic, so Pita helped him to break his habit and to live his life to the fullest. Creasy was not just a bodyguard to Pita, he was her friend and Pita loved and cared for him. I also liked the way Pita cared for Creasy and gave him gifts like he was her best friend.

This was a very intense movie and it was one of the best I have ever seen. I liked it mostly because of all the action and suspense. I recommend that you go out and watch this movie because of everything that this movie has to offer. It has very talented actors and actresses, a magnificent plot, and it will show you how frequent kidnappings occur in Mexico. Overall, it is one of the best movies that I have ever seen.