Rubber | Teen Ink

Rubber

April 11, 2012
By Alec Tomasch BRONZE, Saugerties, New York
Alec Tomasch BRONZE, Saugerties, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Think of the most out of the ordinary, weirdest thing that comes to your mind. Chances are that it won’t even be close to as random and weird as Rubber. The main character of this movie is a tire. An inanimate object. This tire soon learns he has the power to blow things up.

Directed by Quentin Dupieux, Rubber is probably the craziest, most out of the ordinary movie there is. Nothing makes sense in this movie. For example, take the opening scene. A road is filled with wooden chairs. A police car comes around the corner and makes a point to hit every chair. It stops and a police man gets out of the trunk, grabs a glass of water from the driver, and proceeds to explain how no movie has any reason to it. He goes back into the trunk and the car drives away. Now was it necessary to explain that whole scene? Yes it was. From the opening scene to the ending, Rubber is the most random movie that will ever watch.

Although this movie is stupid, it is definitely comical. It has its “What the heck just happened” moments and its “that was kind of funny” moments. With all this randomness and comedy, the movie is actually quite interesting. However, this movie is extremely slow in some parts, which can get really annoying, but is easily remedied. Gather a group of friends and watch the movie together. During the slow parts you may converse about the movie or whatever else may be going on in the world.

Rubber is one of those movies that you have to see at least once in your life. It may be stupid and boring but it has its gold mine of entertainment and some quotes or scenes that will stay in your head for some time.