In Time | Teen Ink

In Time

By Vanessmariexx BRONZE, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Vanessmariexx BRONZE, Lawrenceville, Georgia

"When life grows old and the sun is setting on your days, you will want to be at peace, knowing that you lived life to the brim of the cup."

I've just watched a relatively new movie called In Time, featuring Justin Timberlake (duh), Amanda Seyfried (Red Riding Hood, Mamma Mia), Alex Pettyfer (Beastly, Stormbreaker, I am Number Four) and Cilian Murphy (the Batman movies, Inception). Without any spoilers, the movie was about some future world where time itself is currency. After 25 years, you have to start working for life. That is, unless you are rich enough to have a family with thousands of years, when people in the ghetto have few minutes. The main character (Timberlake) receives a hundred years from a mysterious visitor. Before he can share the time with his mother, she times out and dies. He then goes on to the Grinnage, the special place where the wealthy live for hundreds of years. On a wild ride, which features the daughter of the wealthiest man in the time zone, highly trained law enforcement, The Time Keepers, and time-stealing thugs, the lead character attempts to take down the system. The movie is action packed, with plenty of suspense and romance. It's funny and intriguing, and it leaves you with something to think about. I'd highly recommend it, even if you aren't a fan of action. The idea is ingenious, the cast is fabulous, and the movie is well thought out. Four and a half stars.

Hopefully this article will tell you more about the movie and encourage you to watch it. Thanks, Vanessa!