The Dark Knight | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight

October 14, 2010
By gully BRONZE, Chanhassen, Illinois
gully BRONZE, Chanhassen, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Christopher Nolan turned out another gem with his second movie in the Batman series. Heath Ledger fits perfectly into the role of The Joker. He seems to totally envelop into the evil twister man that is The Joker. It is also his last role before he died. He actually died in the end of the movie and they had to change the ending of the movie. But this switch is totally flawless. Christian Bale seemed to be driven deeper into his role with the pressure of Heath. He stepped up his game from the first Batman and was really able to express the inner turmoil that Batman is facing. The dilemma of if what he is doing is even helping is really brought out into the open. At one point he actually gives up being Batman.

I would give this movie a 4 and a half out of 5. It is a great movie with some of the best acting and blocking I have ever seen. The special effects are pretty good like when they stand and 18 wheel semi on its nose. The film was shot in a very dark light but that was to convey the emotions of a “dirty” city. The only down side to this movie was the overall length. They probably could have shaved about 30 minutes off the overall time. There is not one scene that you can say this about, just little pieces in every scene. Other that that it is one of the best movies I have ever seen and would love to watch it over and over again.