Bleed | Teen Ink

Bleed

By Ezequiel Pinedo BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Ezequiel Pinedo BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

I can't get the words from the book Bleed out of my head. This book makes us think about how our actions can affect another. Sometimes we only think about how our choices affect ourselves. This book shows how one simple decision can lead to a complex system of things. In a matter of one day, 10 teens, each expressing their feelings of love and hate for each other, will have there lives altered, some more than others.

Nicole, one of the main characters, decides to hook up with her long-time friend, Kelly's,
boyfriend while Kelly writes letters back and forth with a convict, Robby, who gets sentenced for killing his girlfriend. This is just the beginning. This book was so interesting, I just couldn't put it down. The first couple of chapters of this book whet your appetite, leaving you wanting to read more.

Many people have perhaps experienced a lot of the challenges each of these teenagers have, which could be why this book connects empathetically with a lot of its audience. The only downside I found of this book is probably the ending. It was extremely open-ended. Overall I give this book 4.2 stars out of 5. I recommend this book because the realism in the book is extraordinary, maybe even scary to some extent. But before you dive into this book, I warn you that some scenes in this book can be mature. So I suggest reading this book if you are above the age of 13.

on Jan. 6 2012 at 12:23 pm
BryceBruce SILVER, Thornton, Colorado

"Someone told me that going to the NBA is one in a million...I said "im going to be that one in a million."
-Kobe Bryant

Hey great job! You got me off my seat with your work!

NL65 said...
on Apr. 17 2009 at 4:07 pm
I Have Read This Book And It Is Very Interesting Good Review!