The Martian by Andy Weir | Teen Ink

The Martian by Andy Weir

By NicholasMarrujo BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
NicholasMarrujo BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

What if you were trapped in something way more massive than a closet in your room? What if you were stuck on Mars about 249 million miles away from our home planet earth? Well for an astronaut by the name of Mark from NASA on an aircraft named Ares III landed on Mars. Six days before he gets stuck on Mars he was the first one to step on Mars. After landing on Mars a huge dust storm rolls in and destroys everything except Mark's crew members. Mark’s crew members thought that Mark was dead and have to leave mars while he is perfectly alive. Now he is stuck on mars with broken machinery and a limited amount of food and Mark has a high rate of dying there. With his inventive skills and engineering skills and his supplies he’s stuck to survive Mar’s harsh conditions.
As he starts his journey to survival, he runs into a bunch of horrible mishaps that come to him throughout it. After all Mars is very different from Earth. On Mars things can change in an instant. Mark all the way through the book is strong and focused enough to find ways to get out of the predicaments that arrive.
The Martian is a book that shows strength and courage as someone has to survive a planet. He also tends to remain sane by using humor to give him strength throughout the book. This book is a great book that shows real scientific information about mars through an intriguing story. This story has a lot plot twist that happen throughout this adventure of his. This all makes this book very amazing and keeps you engaged until the end.
I would recommend this book to anyone that loves a good read and also gives educational lessons. This book gives you valuable information along with a great story line with a huge climax. Mark has to overcome many different obstacles to achieve one goal and that goal is to be able to live and survive on Mars. An aspect that I love about this book is that it is has comedic values in it. Mark is always describing different situation and he is very comedic while doing it. This makes the story funny and interesting to read. I would recommend this book to anyone that is interested in all the science of  Mars that comes with this book along with an enticing story that will leave you gasping until the end.