I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I Am Malala is the autobiography of 12-year-old Malala Yousafzai, a Muslim girl from Swat Valley, Pakistan. Despite the ­dangers of living under the ­Taliban's rule, Malala stands up for girls' rights to education. Her exhilarating story enlightens us about what is happening in Pakistan today, as Malala describes the events leading up to her shooting.

We think our lives in the United States are so tough. We take everything for granted. If we were in Malala's shoes, would we have her courage, knowing that the Taliban had brutally killed so many people? I know I could never have done what Malala did – stand up for something she believed in and risk her life for the welfare of others.

Malala's heroic efforts almost got her killed, yet she has not stopped fighting for girls' education. Through her bravery, she sparked a light for girls. She is a flame of hope that is spreading around the world to help oppressed girls everywhere. By standing up for girls' education and the rights of women, Malala has created a domino effect. She confronted a terrorist group and survived an attempt to end her life. Malala is a flame that will not be extinguished. She has showed me that I am lucky and inspired me to help those in need.

I recommend this book to everyone who wishes to gain a glimpse into reality. Malala is a girl of confidence, a protector, a leader, a reformer, a fighter!