I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb | Teen Ink

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb MAG

By PinkPanther123 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
PinkPanther123 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey

We make our own fairy-tales
-Gossip girl

Destiny is stupid.Its just a stupid excuse for waiting for things to happen instead of making them happen.
-Gossip girl

Hope for the best prepare for the worst
-Divergent

I Am Malala is the autobiography of 12-year-old Malala Yousafzai, a Muslim girl from Swat Valley, Pakistan. Despite the ­dangers of living under the ­Taliban's rule, Malala stands up for girls' rights to education. Her exhilarating story enlightens us about what is happening in Pakistan today, as Malala describes the events leading up to her shooting.

We think our lives in the United States are so tough. We take everything for granted. If we were in Malala's shoes, would we have her courage, knowing that the Taliban had brutally killed so many people? I know I could never have done what Malala did – stand up for something she believed in and risk her life for the welfare of others.

Malala's heroic efforts almost got her killed, yet she has not stopped fighting for girls' education. Through her bravery, she sparked a light for girls. She is a flame of hope that is spreading around the world to help oppressed girls everywhere. By standing up for girls' education and the rights of women, Malala has created a domino effect. She confronted a terrorist group and survived an attempt to end her life. Malala is a flame that will not be extinguished. She has showed me that I am lucky and inspired me to help those in need.

I recommend this book to everyone who wishes to gain a glimpse into reality. Malala is a girl of confidence, a protector, a leader, a reformer, a fighter!

This book was read by me recently. I felt this autobiography catches a glimpse into the part of the world I never knew. Malala deserves to be praised. She did something that most people would do, and i respect and praise that. The world needs a person like her to fight for something. She is like us but has a flame of courage and we should acknowledge that.

emmjoh0700 said...
emmjoh0700,
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb, sounded like a very interesting book. The story behind this book is what interested me. It is about a topic that most people know little about and yet needs to be discussed and studied more.. The topic is primarily about the differences in educational opportunities offered to males and females in Pakistan and other areas worldwide. Malala Yousafzai was not ashamed to be one of the only girls attending school in Pakistan. Education in Pakistan is a lot different than it is in the US. Here anyone can go to school but in Pakistan education was a rare privilege offered to females. In the beginning of this book Malala goes into a lot of detail of about her parents life and journey. She talks about her parents schooling, and their lives growing up. Then she goes into more detail about her own life and describes some major events that occurred in her life. One of them is that she was in a few horrifying and frightening storms which devastated her community in many different ways. Buildings were destroyed and houses had to be completely abandoned. Malala’s family thrived in spite of being poor, underprivileged, and having very desperate living conditions. They lived in a small one room house. Her family consisted of herself, two brothers and her mom and dad. Although both of her parents had jobs, they made very little money, barely enough to properly feed and care for the family.You will have to read this exciting book to find out about what else happens. This book is divided into five parts and contains twenty four chapters. Malala doesn't talk about her life before, during, or after her shooting until around chapter twenty. She got shot because she had been determined to go to school no matter what the cost. The day of the shooting was when her courage was put to the test the most. If I were to have been the one writing this book I would have included a lot more information about her life after the shooting and how the shooting affected the lives of many others around the world. Her shooting also affected the education of many girls internationally. I would recommend this book to people that like to learn as they are reading. This book is very factual and gives a lot of information about Pakistan and the education and life of the people who live in Pakistan.