To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker | Teen Ink

To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker

March 6, 2008
By Anonymous

Imagine you're on a ship, rocking back and forth, with pirates invading the ship above you. Imagine a pirate with his razor-sharp dagger pressed against your throat. Imagine him saying, “Hold your tongue or I'll remove it.” Annalisa Townsend didn't have to imagine, it was happening to her.

To Catch a Pirate is about a 17 year-old girl who was on her father's ship. Her father is bringing some gold back to New Providence for King George of England, when suddenly pirates attack. Annalisa is almost captured by a young pirate, but instead gives him her ring instead of being captured, but the pirate steals a kiss. The pirates stole Annalisa's father's gold and now his life depends on the return of the gold. Annalisa is now determined to find that ruthless pirate, James Sterling, who had stolen a kiss from her. She also wants to reclaim her father's gold that James' captain, Crimson Kelly has stolen. The kiss may not be the only thing James steals of Annalisa Townsend.

Jade Parker has a unique way of writing in this book, the two main characters, James Sterling and Annalisa Townsend, go back and forth being the narrator which I thought was cool because then you know what they’re both thinking during an event. Although this book was hard to get into it was surprisingly splendid. I would rate this book an 8.5 out of ten. To Catch a Pirate is definitely in my top 25. This book was an adventurous love story just like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

To sum it all up To Catch a Pirate is an enjoyable book I have to read again. I recommend this book to anyone who loves adventure. If you read this book you may get an understanding of pirates and their love of the open sea.