Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard | Teen Ink

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Spencer, Aria, Hannah, and Emily are four “ordinary” girls who attend Rosewood High School. Their lives were relatively normal until their close friend Alison disappeared. Three years after her mysterious disappearance, the group of friends are reunited and on a mission to uncover what happened to Alison. Along the way, they begin receiving threatening and strange emails, texts and letters from someone signed as “A”. While each girl is already managing keeping their personal secrets to themselves, “A” is constantly threatening to let their secrets out.
I think Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard is most appropriate for people 15 and up (young adults), because there are very mature topics mentioned throughout the story. The plot of the story is very intriguing and the characters all have something special about them that makes it appropriate for young adults; such as Aria’s affair with her English teacher or Emily’s bisexuality. I liked this book because mysteries always make me want to read more to figure out the story. This book is definitely a 5 out of 5 and without a doubt, a page turner!

Kacey H.