The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , buffalo, NY
Who would think that a rebellious teenage girl and a nice southern boy would be made for each other? In the book, The Last Song, written by Nicholas Sparks, Will and Ronnie come together when trying to protect turtle eggs from being eaten by raccoons while she is unwillingly staying with her dad in North Carolina. A shocking secret is revealed about Will that has to do with Ronnie’s dad. Only time will tell if she is able to get past it or not.

In this book you will discover that some characters are very stubborn and resentful. This was a very thick book and at times painful to read due to the fact that it was a lot like many other love stories and was very predictable. However, I like the fact that there seemed to be a slightly different twist than most other books like this. On the other hand, I wasn’t a big fan of how sad some parts were.

I think that The Last Song would appeal to people who like love stories. If you want to read this book you should be prepared that it may make you cry, especially if you’re an emotional person. If you aren’t into books that you know what’s going to happen the whole time I do not suggest reading this. All in all, this was an okay book but definitely not my favorite even though it was a cute story.

BehindClosedDoors said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 12:53 am
I cried! Amazing Book!