A Child Called ‘It’ By Dave Pelzer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Dave Pelzer's first book in this series is phenomenal. What actually happened to him as a child is hard to imagine. This was a number one New York Times bestseller for months and is an inspirational story.

David was renamed “It” by his evil mother. His childhood begins as the life everyone hopes for. He enjoyed visits to the zoo, lake trips with family, and being cuddled by his mom while listening to a great book. David's life drastically changed when he became a first-grader. His mother and father developed drinking problems. It's very hard to read about all the sadistic “games” his mother dreamed up.

When you read some of what happens, you'll wonder how anyone could even think of ­doing such things to their own child. Pelzer is a strong man to write about his childhood when he was almost beaten to death. This book really makes you wonder how many other children suffer such abuse.

As his teachers and principal, neighbors, and even his father stand by and let the abuse happen, it makes you wonder what you would have done. This book is extremely well written. All of the gruesome details help you to visualize what he went through. There are more books in this series, and you'll want to read them all once you begin. This book is for mature readers only.

blah said...
so sad but good book

Kyle said...
Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:55 am
I love this book. To me it was a very good book and the review was right on point.

Kimmyy(: said...
Feb. 9, 2009 at 12:06 am
This book is phenminal!
Its just unbelievable what Dave had to go through;

Felicia E. said...
Hey I like the sound of that book I feel real BAD for pezler And im sorry his child hood was like that my friends read that book i might too.

Nina Boo said...
I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK!!! P.S., I liked the review. Well written.

shanshorty said...
i liked the artical and it really retold the story

Clare said...
Your review was really good.
I've read all of Dave Pelzers books and think he is an amazing man.

cheesepuffz replied...
this was an amazingly touching book i read all of them in he series