Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson | Teen Ink

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

I read the book ”Speak” by Laurie Halse Anderson. The genre of this book is fiction. The characters emotions are described through her pain and agony. This book is thrilling and very inspiring.

Melinda, the main character does not have many friends. She's an outcast and wants to be more than that. She wants to be seen and noticed. In the end of the book she realizes its better to be her self rather than trying to be somebody she's not. In this book it talks about how a teenage girl goes through hard times. Melinda has to face her fears. Fears that are indescribable. She wants it all to be gone and be put in the past. I'll let you read the book to find out what she goes through.

I think this was a very good book. It was funny but it also makes you think twice about who you want to be. This book teaches you to be yourself and to not care about what other people think. The author has very descriptive writing and describes the book very well. I recommend this book to anyone. It will take your breath away and will leave you touched and inspired.