The importance of jackie robinson by Arthur Diamond | Teen Ink

The importance of jackie robinson by Arthur Diamond

By canalope321 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia
canalope321 BRONZE, Elkview, West Virginia

The importance of Jackie Robinson. Arthur Diamond. San Diego, California: Lucent Books, 1992.101.

The importance of Jackie Robinson by Arthur Diamond is an extraordinary book. It’s full of learning experiences about the black people and how they didn’t get anything or do anything that the white people did. Arthur Diamond wrote this book because he wanted to tell people what they did and have done to black people and mainly Jackie Robinson. This book review is to tell people how badly and cruel the whites treated to the blacks.
Jackie Robinson was an inspiring man, and a very good athlete. He was very good at sports especially good at baseball, but at the time he was getting into college baseball there was a lot of racism. So he went to the college dean and said that he wanted to play baseball. The dean said nope, well of course the dean was white, and then he took it to governor and then higher and higher. Until he got a spot fort the Brooklyn dodgers. The book is very good, because the points of view are mainly about racism, and Jackie Robinson.
Jackie Robinson was a believer because he would not stop fighting to get in a spot in the Brooklyn dodgers. For over 3 years he fought and he fought. Then he got in, but there was trouble with the fans and the other teammates. They would call him Negros, and go back to you dumpster. That was very cruel to someone to say that to another person. The goals of the book were to get peoples attention and to tell people what they did to blacks back then.
This book is an extraordinary and very good learning experience. Jackie Robinson retired in 1972, and he married his wife. After that he made a cereal brand called chock full o’ nuts. Then he became vice president of the cereal and then he finally died in 1976. This book was very excellent and I recommend that everyone could read this book.