The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I urge you to read this amazing story that will keep you up all night for "just one more chapter".
Suzanne Collins has written on e of the finest books I have ever read. In this book you will find all kinds of genres: Romance, Action, Adventure, so on and so on.
This book is set in a time when North America had fallen and a new empire rose from the ashes. Panem was born along with 13 districts.
Years past and the people of the districts were treated more and more unfairly until eventually an uprising began.
Panem supposedly eliminated the thirteenth district and defeated the other twelve.
As penalty for the supposed crimes every year 2 random boy's and girl's name is drawn from a ball. This is called reaping.
-Okay you got the intro-
-Careful reading this it's a spoiler-
Katniss Everdeen's beloved sister Prim's name was drawn. There is a rule that if one wants to take the place of the chosen person they must volenteer. This is what Katniss did.
The boy who was chosen was Peeta Mellark. She knew him because he saved her family's lives by giving her some bread.
Amazingly at the end of the hunger games (they were the last two) were allowed to live because they threatened to kill themselves with some poisonous berries.
This is what started the second rebellion.
-Sorry I left out a huge gap in the story, I didn't want to give it all away....-

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i wouldn't have included so much of the story, and written more of how much you loved it and why you loved it.  im glad i already read the book.  and also, did you read the second book, catching fire?  did you liek that one?  i thought it was too repetetive.  and i really dont like peeta.

SonOfApollo replied...
Oct. 10, 2010 at 7:51 pm :
didnt think of that, too late to change it though, and yes I did read book 2, I didnt notice it's repativness

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 11, 2010 at 4:48 pm :
just the way it was the games all over again. did u finish the series. big bummer in the end...

SonOfApollo replied...
Nov. 14, 2010 at 10:35 am :

Yeah, but I HATED the way it ended

I didnt like that so many of my favorite characters died

Nov. 15, 2010 at 3:33 pm :
I know!  all the good ones had to be selfless and sacrifice themselves... and then primrose.... eurgh.

SonOfApollo replied...
Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:32 pm :
My sister cried when she read that