Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Dubella456 said...
I love the detail of the book, but I'm not a fan of vampires and werewolves. The book really sets an image, and I enjoyed reading it. I hate hate hate with all my heart the movies, I couldn't bare to read the series. The movie has bad acting, ugly looking people, and like I said I'm not a fan of the vampires and what not, so I didn't enjoy it.

mmb32 said...
this is a good review. its hepling me with the one i am doing=)

toxicity_xx said...
toxicity_xx, Manchester, Other

Seize the day, or die regretting the time you lost - Avenged Sevenfold.

I was replying to your point about everything fading in time.

I never said any book should be perfect, i was giving examples of books that hadn't faded with time.

I don't think i'm better than anyone else, you don't even know me love so stop making ridiculous assumptions based on one comment!

Abbey said...
Oh,dear...i'm sure that when you read a book you think first whether it'll be remembered in 200 years from now or not....What makes you think everythink has to be just perfect?It's a book,one that it's enjoyable.Nobody said it deserves to win a Noble or anything so stop acting like every book and song and movie and human being must be perfect.Cuz it never is! And just because you read Austen and Dickens doesn't make you any better than those who enjoy twilight.

toxicity_xx said...
toxicity_xx, Manchester, Other

"And who cares they'll fade in time?Everything does."

No... it doesn't. Decent authors like J.D Salinger, Charles Dickens, The Bronte's, Jane Austen etc. are all remembered for their books because they were brilliantly written and actually had characters with depth, unlike Ms Meyer and her awful excuse for a young adult series! :)

Detective-C BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida

"Wait! It's morning in the Himalayas!"

They mentioned them, though...

Meli14 BRONZE said...
on Nov. 24 2010 at 1:49 am
Meli14 BRONZE, Othello, Washington

"god is love, and love is real"

I Am Free Read please!Rate thanks(:

ferrari f40 said...
on Nov. 15 2010 at 11:28 am
The only reason i red the first two books is because my girlfriend told me to.

ferrari f40 said...
on Nov. 15 2010 at 11:26 am
Vampires have already been done. If anything these books are a waste of time because it needs something new, NOT VAMPIRES!!

ferrari f40 said...
on Nov. 15 2010 at 11:22 am
The first book dosent have ware wolves!!

bobby said...
on Nov. 15 2010 at 9:14 am
THe book is a fun tribute to vimpares and ware wolves!!

LostInStereo PLATINUM, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

Friends are the family you choose.

i've read the books and i agree that you become glued to them. it seems almost like you "candy coated" it i guess you could say. i'm not saying i dont like it because i do but i think it could've been written more really.

on Nov. 13 2010 at 1:57 am
xAllegria BRONZE, Singapore, Other

Ça fait tellement du bien d’aimer les gens qu’on aime, que ça finit par faire mal. Je sais pas comment on survit a ça. Non franchement, je sais pas. LOL (laughing out loud) ®, Lola.

I'm not going to offer an opinion on the book itself because that's obviously been widely discussed in the previous comments, but I have to say I didn't really like the style of the review. Your sentence structure isn't always very fluid, and most of the phrases sound a bit fake. Just my opinion.

Cowboy Dufus said...
Ive read this book 6 times

yeah, maybe not by a human.

if you read this book you will never get laid...

yes i agree don't just go all crazy over a book and show i have watched them all and read them all it's nothing to go crazy over... i'll stick to my own broken love story and i'm also writting story's and i can get the same reacation on my story's but they keep there calm downed normal emotion... so don't go C R A Z Y boys/girls...

writingrocks GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"You have to learn to love yourself before you learn to love others."

Yes, I totally agree with Abbey. Twilight isn't the best thing in the world.

Abbey said...
on Nov. 8 2010 at 11:55 am

You know,I hate the movies.They're very poorely made,to say the least.And I also hate the fake Twilight fans,who love this just 'cuz Rob and Taylor are cute.

Apart from that,I see no harm in admiting the books are amazing.And who cares they'll fade in time?Everything does.No matter how amazing something seems to you now,in 10 years you won't feel the same.But for now,Twilight serie is great! It's funny,catchy,romantic,ironic at times...It's the book that made me pay attention to vampire-related stuff...I never was a vampire-fanatic before. So for me,the books are good and that is what matters most,not who else likes it or why...I learned to get over the "Team Edward/Jacob" and realized that apart from that,i really like Twilight:))

writingrocks GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Actually, Twilight isn't the best book ever written. The plot line is good, but everything's repetitive and contradictory.