Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

By Katey Tilney, San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Oct. 15 2011 at 3:43 pm
holdendeman BRONZE, Whitney Point, New York

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you experience the warm feelings it brings.
"Don't pity the dead, pity the living."

TEAM HARRY POTTER!!

WOOHOO!

Cheeseburger said...
on Oct. 12 2011 at 10:55 am
I'm not a fan of romance novels, so I didn't like Twilight, but the review is good.

asofnow GOLD said...
on Oct. 9 2011 at 8:24 pm
asofnow GOLD, Troy, Michigan

Nothing gold can stay ~ Robert Frost

And yet the review was amazing!

asofnow GOLD said...
on Oct. 9 2011 at 8:24 pm
asofnow GOLD, Troy, Michigan

Nothing gold can stay ~ Robert Frost

I never really though about it that way.. But that is so true. I don''t Twilight is terrible, if it was it wouldn't be a bestseller would it? (Welllll...)

Naomi518 GOLD said...
on Oct. 9 2011 at 2:46 pm
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" ~Albus Dumbledore

insult is one word.

I do agree with Clear_Skies  though, I think Twilight sucks. There is no true romance. He likes her because she smells good and she likes him because he's good looking. There is no character development in the entire series (except with Rosalie, she's the only character I actually like). Bella is a horrible role model, she lies to her parents, sneaks her boyfriend in her room, has no personality, and jumps off a cliff JUST because her boyfriend left her. Seriously? Ew.

Naomi518 GOLD said...
on Oct. 9 2011 at 2:41 pm
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

"it does not do good to dwell on dreams and forget to live" -Albus Percivial Wulfric Brian Dumbledor

breezysea said...
on Oct. 3 2011 at 7:26 pm
and i mean it

Breezysea said...
on Oct. 3 2011 at 7:25 pm
I don't get why you guys make such a big deal over twilight it's ( I can't belive I am saying this) it is just a book I am going to regret saying that later but any way stop the comotion!!!!!!!!!!!

on Sep. 29 2011 at 6:56 am
ZephyrVon-ZombieOverlord BRONZE, Cartersville, Virginia

The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Have you ever read the chronicles of vladimir tod?

It is the story of a human born vampire, who struggles with how the vampire society hates him for being born, and the slayer society wants him dead.

Added to this is the fact that he won't drink human blood (vampires in this story kill when they drink usually), and most of the time he gets by with bagged blood from the hospital.

Worst of all, there is a secret group of people who think that a vampire that is born will be a powerful ruler over everyone, vampires and humans. And Vlad thinks that it may actually be true!

So, yeah... That story is a lot better than Twilight...

on Sep. 19 2011 at 3:37 pm
AlwaysAntlers SILVER, Kingsport, Tennessee

“Don't forget - no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.”
― Charles de Lint, (from his book,The Blue Girl)

Well, I think the twilight books were okay. I just don't see the big deal with them.

iceclan67yay said...
on Sep. 18 2011 at 2:02 pm
iceclan67yay, Montpelier, North Dakota
I completely agree with you. Twilight wasn't well-written in the least and was full of purple prose. (Don't get me wrong, purple prose is okay in poems and such, but when a novel is completely that it's just revolting.) The Host was actually pretty good.

on Sep. 17 2011 at 1:09 pm
you in sult me i <3 twilight

on Sep. 17 2011 at 1:06 pm
i love twilight but i don't know why 1 frend draged me into it a another is trying to get me out i read the 2nd in 2 days

on Sep. 17 2011 at 11:12 am

Ewwww.

Vampire books suck. (pun intended.)(but I do think they suck.)

on Sep. 17 2011 at 3:53 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
A sparkling boyfriend you mean. :D

on Sep. 17 2011 at 3:51 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
I hate the 'Twilight' series. It's just too much and I completely agree with you.

on Sep. 17 2011 at 3:49 am
AyeshaMuzaffar BRONZE, Lahore, Other
I couldn't agree more. I hate Twilight.

Brittany87 said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 12:58 pm
IKR(I KNOW (RIGHT)

Brittany87 said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 12:57 pm
ikr (i know right)

Brittany87 said...
on Sep. 6 2011 at 1:01 pm
Awesome<3 <3

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!