Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Clear_Skies said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 11:12 am

Vampire books suck. (pun intended.)(but I do think they suck.)

BlueRain replied...

It's a best seller because Team Hormone is on the loose and Edward set it free.

But that's about it.

Brittany87 said...
ikr (i know right)
Brittany87 said...
Awesome<3 <3
callie15 said...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 1:41 am
Great review. And that's the important thing.
Jesus Freak said...
The series was ok at best. although im not a fan of the over done teen relationships, the romance was cute. and though i dont like blood and gore, i have to admit that cullens vs buffy would be amusing
VanyaWhite said...

Truthfully, when you're writing a vampire romance, why put the words:

'1st, Edward was a vampire.' on the back? Aren't readers supposed to be surprised at this information?

Brittany87 replied...
NinjaHummingbird said...
A vampire as a beautiful god-like creature!? Vampires were created to be the complete opposite. It is an insult to even compare them to God. I do think that you are a very good writer but, Twilight was not a good book.
ayeshamuzaffar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 3:49 am
I couldn't agree more. I hate Twilight.
BlueRain replied...

That's one of my main problems with the series. I mean, as it says, it wasn't really Edward's fault he became one, but he is in no way God-like just because he has rock hard abs and reads minds.

I'm not a Christian follower but I believe in a God, and I sure hope he's not anything like Edward. 

I guess that's the only explanation for how Renesme got created though...  

CreativelyClever said...

I loved your review but the Twilight series wasn't that good. I feel like the book Twilight was very cliche and it gave vampires a bad rep. The movies were even worse then the books too. I cant stand Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. No offense to anyone.

But I did read The Host and I thought it was so well written that I can't believe she was the same author as The Twilight Saga.

iceclan67yay replied...
I completely agree with you. Twilight wasn't well-written in the least and was full of purple prose. (Don't get me wrong, purple prose is okay in poems and such, but when a novel is completely that it's just revolting.) The Host was actually pretty good.
Sydkid842 said...
I loved the books, read them way too many times. Meyer's new take on vampires started a frenzy in the teen book world!
Dr.Jones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Good review, but I just can't stand the books.  I'm all about avoiding stereotypes, but I think Meyer's "fresh" take on vampires went too far, so far it's almost damaging to the mythology of them.

I guess that pre-reading distaste just kept me out of it.

Sept. 17, 2011 at 3:51 am
I hate the 'Twilight' series. It's just too much and I completely agree with you.
PorcelainValentine said...
in the book not the person who was writing the review
PorcelainValentine said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:59 am
she misspelled 7 words
BabySnickers15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 18 at 10:34 am
True in the beginning of Chapter 8 in New moon there's a typo like seriously "The Bike threatened to knock me sidewise." Are you kidding me and I personally love the books but, I only read because I am a GRAMMAR NAZI and tend to love correcting spelling errors
PorcelainValentine said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:57 am

i love harry potter it teaches self worth, you can do any thing you want, and good vs. evil

twilight just teaches you it is important to have a boy friend

NinjaHummingbird replied...
I love Harry Potter and totally agree with you.