Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

CreativelyClever said...

I loved your review but the Twilight series wasn't that good. I feel like the book Twilight was very cliche and it gave vampires a bad rep. The movies were even worse then the books too. I cant stand Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. No offense to anyone.

But I did read The Host and I thought it was so well written that I can't believe she was the same author as The Twilight Saga.

iceclan67yay replied...
Sept. 18, 2011 at 2:02 pm :
I completely agree with you. Twilight wasn't well-written in the least and was full of purple prose. (Don't get me wrong, purple prose is okay in poems and such, but when a novel is completely that it's just revolting.) The Host was actually pretty good.

Sydkid842 said...
I loved the books, read them way too many times. Meyer's new take on vampires started a frenzy in the teen book world!

Dr.JonesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Good review, but I just can't stand the books.  I'm all about avoiding stereotypes, but I think Meyer's "fresh" take on vampires went too far, so far it's almost damaging to the mythology of them.

I guess that pre-reading distaste just kept me out of it.

ayeshamuzaffar This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 3:51 am :
I hate the 'Twilight' series. It's just too much and I completely agree with you.

PorcelainValentine said...
in the book not the person who was writing the review

PorcelainValentine said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:59 am:
she misspelled 7 words

PorcelainValentine said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:57 am:

i love harry potter it teaches self worth, you can do any thing you want, and good vs. evil

twilight just teaches you it is important to have a boy friend

NinjaHummingbird replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:44 pm :
I love Harry Potter and totally agree with you.

Sept. 17, 2011 at 3:53 am :
A sparkling boyfriend you mean. :D

PorcelainValentine said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 11:51 am:
okay i dont like twilight because it is an empty relationship i do not see why they like each other.

NeverGrowUp said...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 11:26 am:
I loved your review! I feel the same way!

starAngel said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 3:44 am:
i loved your review! Great job! I totally love the Twilight Saga!! I love the way it puts a unique twist on vampires! They don't drink human blood.i loved all the books so much I couldn't put them down, couldn't get enough! I saw all the movies that came out so far and completly loved every single one! I cannot wait to see Breaking Dawn! I totally loved the trailor and kept playing it!

AlexisG said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 11:14 am:
I never really liked the Twilight books. Meyer needs to spend some money to get a GOOD editor. There was numbers and misplaced letters in several words. Her Bella was the stereotype damsel-in-distress who only wanted what was worst for her. I didn't like the other books at all. I'd like to introduce the Cullens to Buffy.

silvercat said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 4:28 pm:
your review was well written. I loved the first and last book the best. The second book was okay though. The third I don't have an opinion on.

HaleyStar said...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:11 pm:
I love all of Stephinie Meyes books, including host. I thinktheir an interesting twist on vampires. The funny thing is, I misunderstood Carlisle's name, I kept reading it Carslie so whenever someone says Carlisle, I'm like "who?"

Rubarb1213 replied...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 6:15 pm :
Oh my goodness!! i had the same thing happen to me!!!! i kept asking people "whos Carlisle?!" im glad im not the only one!!!

Kell_Bell13 said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm:
GREAT Review! Stephenie Meyer did a GREAT job on all the twilight books, and The first one (Twilight) was my favorite! It really does seem like the movie is playing in your head.

Halcyon said...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:29 pm:
The Twilight Saga was okay, but I don't get why people obsess over it. However, it seems to have sparked many other vampires-are-great books to the point of which most mortal beings will tend to run from the room, screaming,"GAAAHHH! Not another vampire book!"

Halcyon replied...
Jul. 6, 2011 at 6:34 pm :
BTW: Go Team Jacob!!!!!!