Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

babysteps said...
Well written. I like your sense of humor. I do think you could have added a little more in parts for example: The dream, what was that about i'm very curious!

dylanlane6 said...
dont like this

PRDGirl94 said...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:49 am:
i think this book good at same points and same bad but i think the movie make them look like a farily tale which make young people like 5 to 10 or other people belieive that we all should be vampires.

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Not to jump on the I-hate-Twilight-and-it's-so-overrated bandwagon, I feel that the directors and producers are way too focused on Bella and Edward's undying and true love, but then again, the whole star-crossed lovers thing is very popular right now. But these people working on the movies prey on those sort of things to sell more tickets. The actual plot is lost in the movie. I read the books back when they first came out, and I couldn't wait to read them when they hit the shelves. I even got m... (more »)

PinkiTink14 said...
i completely disagree with BlueRain. this book was magical for me and many other teenage girls lusting after the manly, charming, thoughtful and forbidden role that Robert Pattinson played so beautifully. It isn't wrong to want something more than reading, wishing to be whisked away by something supernatural that can't be stopped. i loved it.

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 9:02 am :
Do we really want 10 year old girls to be openly lusting after a 26 year old? Or 40 year old moms who should be in love with the person they married? And exactly who tried to stop them? The Volturi? They barely did anything. Edward's family? Nope. Bella's family? Nope, because she completely blocked them out from everything. Jacob? Yeah he proclaimed his love, which (as you find out) was only because he had a physic connection to Bella's future child. So it ends up being that the only thing ke... (more »)

WintersRevenge replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:45 am :
Thank you for the totally relevant Harry Potter quote there. I think I love you.

BlueRain replied...
Jan. 20, 2012 at 4:54 pm :
Dumbledore's philosophy just fits too well :)

WynterrX replied...
Jan. 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm :
I really loved Twilight and the movie! The second one wasn't as great, but Eclipse I thought was really awesome. Haven't read Breaking Dawn yet.

Alex_Storm said...
I am a twilight fan but the whole vampires sparkle in the sun thing just seems so unreal to me.

Ella1 said...
Stephanie Meyers does have a great writing style

BlueRain said...

Part 2

And you know what? I honestly can see how these two got together. If I were Edward and could read ever single person's individual thoughts 24-7, if I really stomached my distate, I'd probably marry Bella too. I have two theories why he can't hear her thoughts.

1. There's nothing going on in there.

2. She is thinking the same things he is/ "He's so beautiful", "He's so amazing", "His eyes are SOOO GOLD".

"The author's style and charact... (more »)

WintersRevenge replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:50 am :
Amen, sister.

BlueRain said...

Part 1

"...changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature."

I can see how you can describe Edward as beautiful based on appearances... I guess. Extremely pale and hollow-eyed..

However, inside he is not as perfectly as his sparkly, glittery outside. Sorry but if he was his real age, everyone would think it was extremely creepy for a 100+ year old man to be going after a high-school age girl. He's manipulative (he thinks&nb... (more »)

ALR107 replied...
Dec. 17, 2011 at 8:48 am :
Haha!!! I agree! ;)

bluetigerstarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:20 am:
I agree with you about the book. Meyer made the book seem so real and when i was done I had to read the remaining.

Moment4Life:) said...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 8:58 am:
This book is so well thought of and so good I love u Stephenie Myers!!!!:)

Ice_Queen said...
Twilight? Oh good. My turn to tear up a book.

Akane-Ree said...
I didn't really like the books or movies... the review was good though! i found the books not very well-written.

savetheplanet said...
I'm not a fan so much of the movies, they were pretty cheesy.  But I really like the books, this is a good review! :D