Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Jessica G. said...
Nov. 11, 2011 at 9:54 am:
Great review; it was very well-written. Personally, I don't much care for Twilight. I think that the underlying messages it sends are not good ones, but...different strokes for different folks, no? Overall, very goo review.

Jessica G. replied...
Nov. 11, 2011 at 9:54 am :
Sorry, I meant good*

TeamTwilight!!! said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 4:09 am:

I think that twilight is one of thee ,in my opnion, BEST BOOKS i have ever read so what if meyer wrote it because of a dream thats were she got her inspiration from and TWILIGHT is one of thee best selling and movies franchise ever ! STOP putting this novel down if you havent read it you dont know how good it is but if you read it and it isnt ur thing will plain and simple it just not UR THING and still even if u didnt like it what is the point of coming here and continuly BLABING  about... (more »)

CocoHorsager said...
I don't think Twilight is a good book just because of the messages it sends... i mean your review was really good, but it didn't change my mind about the book.

TheHalfBloodPrincess said...
Your article is great, but I think Twilight is the worst book I have ever written in the sense that it is sending some wrong messages like pedophiliation :P (Edward is like 100-something and Bella is just 18) Imagine if he wasn't all good looking and he actually looked 100-something? Pretty gross isn't it :P The first movie was pretty pathetic, it was cheap :/ but the others are pretty good. Personally, Harry Potter is much better. Stephanie Meyer isn't NEARLY as good as JK Rowling, I think Step... (more »)

TheHalfBloodPrincess replied...
Oct. 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm :
*ever read

Ilovetwilight62 said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 9:27 am:
i really love twilight and i really like her books

DamonSalvatore1864 said...
Okay, I agree with this fully, but I still think that the first book is nauseating. All she does is talk about Edward and how awesome he is. What about the action (aside from the dance studio)? I like Eclipse better, but good job!

Kalie said...
Stephanie Meyers writing is flowing and very emotional

auber98 said...
I know a lot of people think that the theme of Twilight is terrible, but even if it is (I'm not saying it is), I think Stephanie Meyers did a good job with writing it..It's so creative.

holdendeman said...

TEAM HARRY POTTER!!

WOOHOO!

auber98 replied...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 7:52 pm :
Ohhh, so this is ur Twilight reveiw..I get it now.;)

TheHalfBloodPrincess replied...
Oct. 29, 2011 at 10:12 pm :
HELL YEAH!!! HARRY POTTER FOREVAAHHH

DiaaBabeyy replied...
Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:22 pm :
I liked the breaking dawn , It was good .. & Harry Potter movies are like FOREVER -.-

Cheeseburger said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 10:55 am:
I'm not a fan of romance novels, so I didn't like Twilight, but the review is good.

Naomi518 said...
"it does not do good to dwell on dreams and forget to live" -Albus Percivial Wulfric Brian Dumbledor

TheHalfBloodPrincess replied...
Oct. 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm :
And Stephanie Meyer said this whole idea came to her in a dream ;) Dumbledore is always right.

Naomi518 replied...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm :
ooo I like you're unser name :D

BlueRain replied...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 5:00 pm :

Yeah, kind of like how Bella forgets to live after Edward leaves.

Dumbledore rules. Forget Edward. Team Dumbledore :) and Team Luna, and Team Gred and Forge.. Team Potterhead.

breezysea said...
and i mean it