Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

tuckertwin12 said...
Buying the Twilight series was the worst $30 I ever spent. I know that will probably offend a lot of people, and for that I am sorry but its true. Anyone with half a brain that knows good literature when they read it will despise the Tilight series as I do. Her writing is AWEFUL! Granted, if you want to read a semi-passable love story and you don't care about writing or plot holes or unrealistic reactions to normal things, go right ahead. Be my guest. And I'm not usually someone that hates books... (more »)
micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 21, 2014 at 10:29 am
I disagree. I feel that the book was very well written, especially considering that Stephenie never trained in the writing profession. She was the person who really invented the "modern" vampires, creating many creative oppertunities for other writers. I can see how people don't respond well to this story because, throughout the first three books, Bella is weak and depends on the "stronger" vampires (especially the males) to protect her. But, in the last book, Bella finds... (more »)
Potterhead_Is_amazing replied...
While I think that you are correct that the Twilight series was more of a coming of age story, the entire series would have been better altogether if she had actually gone to schools for writing. With this book however, Stephanie Meyers sets unrealistic expectations for relationships in general. Like, for example, Bella and Edwards relationship meets all 15 criteria for an abusive rlationship. So while the theme may have been a good one, the series could have been so much better as a whole.
Jaggerswagger said...
The books were so great, they didnt even realize that they would make horrible movies
mckaykayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Im not a fan of the vamps, but the werewolves are pretty awesome...she shouldnt have made the ending so happy tho it wasnt meant to be a pretty fairytale. bella was meant to end up with jacob  
Spotted_Leaf replied...
I agree, im not a big fan of the vampires till it comes to halloween :) i love the werewolves the best. Yes, Bella should have ended up with jacob... but oh well...
BabySnickers15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 18 at 10:08 am
I Agree with that 100%. I think that the books would have been better if Bella ended up with Jacob
PittsSonja32 said...
Don't you recognize that it's high time to receive the home loans, which will realize your dreams.
Kaycee A. said...
Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:42 am
personlly, i love the twlilght series. however i am not totally in love with the vampirers as i was stephenie's very intriging words. also im a sucker for romance so i couldnt put it down!
Jenny360 said...
  I'm rather unbiased toward this particular author and her work. 

Sarah Dessen however, has impressed me time and time again with her novels! 

I guarantee if you read the first two chapters of What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen from the link below you'll be hooked. ;)
Anne replied...
I have read a couple of your reviews and loved them! I am always looking for new material to read. Please check out some of my reviews (and my friends) here at Thanks <3
heyalli said...
I love the Twilight series. I think that it is a very well writen book. Everytime i would finish a book they always kept me wanting to read more. I use to be obssesed with the whole series and i can't wait to see the newest movie. 
jhawes said...
Nov. 12, 2012 at 4:44 am
i love twilight this book review is the best one i have read about twilight so far
Debi8 said...
I really dislike the twilight series. I do not understand why everyone is so in love with this book. I think the book is awful, no offence. I have tried to read the book, but i cannot. This book just does not capture my attention and i just think it is an awful book.
Lisas.Smile said...
Nov. 3, 2012 at 11:25 am
I disagree with your review of the Twilight series, they  aren't as well writeen as you have praised it to be, you also don't go into any detail over why you liked the books, the charecters  and why we should read the series.
Care_Btvs replied...
iDragonfly replied...
double agree
btrlover said...
i love this seires  
katrina said...
Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:55 am
i think this wouls be a really good book?
Turtle123 said...
Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:11 am
I think vampires are so cool.  Im sure the book is cool to, especially wth her writing.