Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

By Katey Tilney, San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Jul. 3 at 3:49 pm
wuadbwabdu BRONZE, Wenatchee, Washington

If your reading this your too late - Drake

Like many of the people who commented, I respect your opinion. However, I disagree. It was an extremely suspenseful story and one of my favorites.

on Oct. 24 2017 at 1:01 pm
WolfWhisperer0911 DIAMOND, Crosby, Texas

"For I command you, be brave and steadfast! For the Lord your God will be with you whenever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack."- Unknown

"Never moon a werewolf." -Mike Binder

@bo_olsen Agree with you. :)

on Jul. 17 2017 at 6:17 pm
bo_olsen PLATINUM, St George, Utah

"I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good"

Twilight isn't a very good book, but I did love the way you reviewed it. Good job!

on May. 14 2017 at 2:04 pm
WeirdosUnite SILVER, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin

"Give me your hands if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends"~Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

^^^^I agree.

on May. 12 2017 at 5:40 pm
HereSheIs BRONZE, Wellesley, Massachusetts

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." -Plato

I would agree with that

on Dec. 8 2016 at 1:44 pm
dre.showtime SILVER, Sacramento, California
this book review is good. I like how you gave your opinion on the book and were also very detailed

TraeB said...
on Nov. 6 2016 at 7:30 pm
TraeB,
">alert('XSS')

gracie123 said...
on May. 20 2016 at 10:06 am
gracie123,
good story

on Dec. 1 2015 at 5:55 pm

I like the review. You did a good job. But I think Twilight itself is kind of sexist. And I'm s feminist. So..I like the review....but not the books. No offense to Twilight fans!

on Oct. 18 2015 at 10:34 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" ~Michael Jordan~
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

True in the beginning of Chapter 8 in New moon there's a typo like seriously "The Bike threatened to knock me sidewise." Are you kidding me and I personally love the books but, I only read because I am a GRAMMAR NAZI and tend to love correcting spelling errors

on Oct. 18 2015 at 10:08 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

I Agree with that 100%. I think that the books would have been better if Bella ended up with Jacob

on Oct. 18 2015 at 10:02 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

So True!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Sep. 4 2015 at 6:29 pm
The_Book_Thief GOLD, Brownville, Nebraska

"And when you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Thank you!

on Sep. 4 2015 at 3:06 pm
Ianultraman BRONZE, Basking Ridge, New Jersey

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" - Elbert Hubbard

@The_Book_Thief Yes. I definitely agree with your criticism. Well critiqued!

brooklyn165 said...
on Aug. 13 2015 at 2:34 pm
brooklyn165, Paris, Tennessee

love is hard

I LOVED UR STORY KEEP WRITING AND ILL READ THEM

EMS25* said...
on Jun. 28 2015 at 8:27 pm
I'm reading the twilight series now. I'm on eclips and I already love the books. I found the movies very interesting and that's what caught my eye for the books. You can now tag other users by using "@".

on Apr. 3 2015 at 7:50 pm
LillianAB SILVER, Sisters, Oregon, Oregon

"I had bad days!"- John Watson Sherlock BBC

I liked your article but I haven't read the book. I haven't heard promising feedback about it so far so I don't think I will read it. I liked how you stuck to your opinion though. Keep writing. Have you read Lord of the Rings yet or the Harry Potter series?

walf.g. said...
on Mar. 12 2015 at 3:36 pm
walf.g., Tle, Other

i like sports in general

i watch that movie and it was a great movie actualy

on Feb. 18 2015 at 4:22 pm

You did a very good job writing this article. However, the book itself has no redeeming qualities to write ABOUT, in my opinion. Firstly, Bella Swan is such a blank paper that I found myself wondering who she was at the end of Breaking Dawn. She portrayed women in a weak, defenseless, unintelligent way that frustrated me a lot. Second, her love triangle is completely unbelievable. Over the series, Bella has to choose between Edward, the self-loathing, character lacking, beautiful vampire, or Jacob, the loveable, sweet, intelligent shapeshifter/werewolf that looks good, but not as spectacular as Edward. As everyone expects, she chooses Edward because he looks better. The worst part is, Edward only likes her because she's pretty and smells good! How is this true love that triumphs over all? And lastly, while Stephanie Meyer possesses a fairly descriptive writing style, there was not really an overall plot, and I found myself very bored with the series in general. I understand that other people like this series a lot, but I don't find anything nice about it.

Norman776 said...
on Jan. 27 2015 at 2:58 pm
Great work, thanks.

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!