Restaurant Review: Texas Roadhouse | Teen Ink

Restaurant Review: Texas Roadhouse

By converse-sneaker BRONZE, Middletown, New York
converse-sneaker BRONZE, Middletown, New York

"The worst thing a guy can do is make a girl fall for him when he has no intention of catching her" -unknown.

Texas Roadhouse was packed with bright eyes and excited faces. There was a lively atmosphere, which was very inviting. The wait was a bit long for my family and me, but it was worth it in the end. They had barrels filled with peanuts for the customers to snack on and work up an appetite, and the staff insisted that you drop the shells on the floor. The restaurant was filled with chattering and clanking of dining ware. I couldn’t wait to eat.
When I first entered the restaurant, my mind was blown. I knew that this was not my last time dining there. The chain restaurant’s founder, Kent Taylor, had a vision of mouthwatering food for affordable prices. There are now almost three-hundred and forty Texas Roadhouse restaurants in forty-six states, and in 2010, they planned on expanding to new locations. Personally, I am very glad that one of these restaurants was built in Middletown.
Before leaving our house, my step-father pulled up the menu on the computer so that when we were seated at the restaurant, we could order right away. They had a variety of foods such as steak and ribs. And, for those who prefer something else, they could choose chicken or fish cuisines. They also served salads and freshly-baked bread. Their meals were made from scratch using only the best-quality ingredients. I was all over the mashed potatoes topped with butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon bits! © http://www.texasroadhouse.com/content/about-us/about-us
The restaurant was bustling with activity. The people were conversing amongst each other. The staff was nice and several different waiters dropped by our table to see how we were doing. They also do birthday celebrations there, where they had the birthday celebrant sit on a saddle as everyone bellowed “Yee-haw!” in unison. And if that wasn’t entertaining enough, some of the staff gathered together to do a western dance. When I saw the staff dance I couldn’t help but smile. It was the first time I’ve ever seen employees at a restaurant get together and dance in front of everybody.
Whether it was the food, friendly staff, or the liveliness of the restaurant, I couldn’t wait for the next time we go there. I’d like to give my thanks to Kent Taylor for founding this chain restaurant. If it wasn’t for him, I probably would have never had the chance to experience food that great. When I followed my parents out of the building, I had a satisfied smile painted across my face and a full stomach. We got into the car and drove off to the sunset, well, into the night in this case.