I Am A Star - Child Of The Holocaust | Teen Ink

I Am A Star - Child Of The Holocaust MAG

This moving book starts off with a history of anti-Semitism, and then continues with an account of the three years the author, Inge Auerbacher, lived in a concentration camp. Although it is directed at younger children, I feel that it carries a strong message to everyone who reads it.

To add to the message, Inge Auerbacher includes original poems, drawings by Israel Bernbau, and photographs she found and saved. One poem in particular ends:

We still feel the pain and we weep,

This nightmare will not let us sleep.

A page in history; one must learn,

Yesterday us, tomorrow your turn?

If only, if only!

I really wish I could write all of the book for you to read, but I can't, so if you want to read a very powerful, moving, interesting book, check this one out.

This book makes you wonder why no one did anything. People knew what was happening, yet they didn't want to believe it. They didn't think this could happen in their civilized world. It also makes me wonder that if it happened today, would the holocaust be any different?

And today there are people who say it never happened, despite living proof. But all the living proof are getting old and soon all living proof will be gone. I want to make sure that none of today's teens are saying that tomorrow. Read this book today. n

i love this !

Ben T. said...
The article is good,but it could use more intresting things that happen in the book.