Jimi Hendrix -- Electric Ladyland | Teen Ink

Jimi Hendrix -- Electric Ladyland MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

To classify Jimi Hendrix's music as anything but original and extraordinary would bequite a task. He created and broke all the boundaries of music. He displays histalent on the guitar, with mastery of words and true love for music, in"Electric Ladyland."

Hendrix starts with his signature abstractsong "... And The Gods Made Love," which may not please every listener,but just wait until the second and third - and every other - track, as the diskproves itself more than worthy of a good listen. His songs are full of lush,emotion-evoking images. They are bright and powerful at times, mellow andsoothing at others.

His rock-oriented songs, such as "Cross-townTraffic" and "All Along The Watchtow-er" are enough to makeanyone's feet long to dance. "Voo-doo Child" has that spiritual bluesfeeling, and songs like "Come On (Let the Good Times Roll)" tie themall together to form a flowing concoction of inventive tracks. This allows thevarious themes to be strung into a beautiful line-up of sensationalsounds.

Hendrix's raw passion for all things musical contribute to hisperfect overall sound. He was purely in it to create beautiful music. That beinghis goal, it would be hard to argue that he didn't succeed.

If you don'town any Jimi Hendrix albums, you are missing one of the roots of modern music,and also legendary and fabulous music.