Critique of | Teen Ink

Critique of

By Elizabeth_Wank4 SILVER, Defience, Ohio
Elizabeth_Wank4 SILVER, Defience, Ohio

The writing titled “NO Means NO”, written by CJ Albrecht, talks about rape. His writing left me feeling targeted. This article left me seeing things that I normally would not want to talk about or speak up about. According to the article it says, “Females age 16 to 19 years are four times more likely than than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual azzult.” This quote left me speechless. This is me that it is talking about. I am 16 years old and do get hit on by strangers. I am four times more likely to be a rape victim than the population. How is that acceptable? Another quote from the article is, “To tell them it’s alright, it was a mistake. But it isn’t.”People should not apologize for others actions, nor have someone feel bad for what you did to them. That is called manipulation. Manipulation is a commonly thing used in rape cases. You nor anyone else should ever have to go through the pain of being a rape victim. If you see somone getting targeted at for the signs of rape, SPEAK UP!