Weight! A Moment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Another notch on the belt
Health and pleasure are topsy-turvy
This is the least slim I have ever felt
“A few kilos over ‘curvy.'”

Mum scolds, “Not enough veg!”
Or is it cups of water?
I look as though I ate the fridge
And large enough for another daughter.

What if my mass does not subside?
My “puppy fat” eternal?
Ed Sheeran says it counts on what's inside
A shame the world's external.

See that tempting, near-smug glint
Think “Who cares?” and attack the Lindt.

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 23 at 8:25 am:
Brilliant!   Yes, allow God to be an artist: be yourself! Enjoy your body the way that it is, because it's a beautiful work of art. Place value on things besides your outer appearance. Any time I find myself feeling insecure about my outer self, I remind myself of the good things I am.    Lol, not that I'm Dr. Phil, or anything, just a thought ;) But the poem was seriously incredible. Congrats on your print work!

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 2:40 pm :
Totally agree with you! Also I loved rhe play on words in the title. Life is too short to deny yourself the simple pleasures in life. Not saying we should be as big as cars but what's wrong with attacking a good piece of cake? Anyway, stupendous piece!

Shella Bella said...
A brilliant sonnet with all the wonderful cadences that are necessary!!  Love it.