Dysfunctional | Teen Ink

Dysfunctional

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

We were so wrong,
That we made it right.
We slept through the day,
And only talked at night.
We never told the truth,
We only lied.
We always laughed,
When we should have cried.
We were never bland,
We had to add spice.
We were always naughty,
But rarely nice.
We used the words hate,
Instead of using love.
We fell into a ditch,
Instead of rising above.

This poem was inspired by a previous relationship... can you see why it didn't work out?!?

on Feb. 23 2022 at 1:59 am
KdramaObsession PLATINUM, Tacoma, Washington

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

– Bernard M. Baruch

I can relate to this right now,I think me and them are ignoring the issue. Love this piece!

Beanmint23 BRONZE, Regina, Saskatchewan
This is really well done ^^ an amazing poem!

amsunshine said...
on Apr. 29 2015 at 10:54 am
I absolutely love this poem!

PurplePandaPoo BRONZE, Spotsylvania, Virginia
Lets be honest. It would be pretty boring if your relationship was perfect. A few bumps in the road just make it more interesting. (;

on Nov. 19 2013 at 10:50 am
xofelicia97 GOLD, Saint Mary&#39s, Pennsylvania

"Give me strength when I'm standing, and faith when I fall."

Exactly! I love this. I'm speechless.

on Nov. 7 2013 at 10:30 am
Tony Pasternak BRONZE, Potomac, Maryland
Really good I poem. I really enjoyed it!

Alabian GOLD said...
Alabian GOLD, Limbo, Other

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky cause there are footprints on the moon" - Owl City

This is really, really good! I like the title! Five stars:))

TheMaskedPoet SILVER, Temple, Georgia

"I wish I could be a little less dramatic, like a Kennedy when Camelot went down in Flames." -Miranda Lambert

This poem is amazing! I don't really have anything bad to say about that. Great job!!!

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I loved this! Great job. It's edgy yet fantastically written. The juxtapositions, again, fit the piece really well. To sum it all up, great poem. This is definitely somehting to be proud of.

WinterGreer SILVER, Wasilla, Alaska

dance like no one's watching/ love like you've never been hurt/ sing like no one's listening/ live like heaven is on earth

WOW. Just... wow.

writergirly GOLD, Preston, Other

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have."
- Anonymous

This is really good. You've presented the things that seem so good at the time but maybe shouldn't be really way. Great use of juxtaposition. It flowed really well.

InkWriter13 said...
I like the juxtapositions here. Very effective. I also like that you used analogies that would be easily relatable to your audience/readers. This is always a true sign of a good writer. That's what makes it real and vivid and beautiful. Definitely a bad situation to be in, and definitely a relationship to avoid. Great poem. :D Would you please read and comment on my poem titled A Cure? I would really appreciate it! :D

Karalee B said...
on May. 2 2012 at 7:51 am
This is a really amazing sonnet. You had a nice use of oxymorons (like we were wrong and we were right)  to make a point and to show that you felt one way, but also felt another.

book lover said...
I think this poem shows the human emotions making a very amazing poem. you also had rythym and used "we" over again which made the whole poem.

Ivalyn(: said...
I liked how you had a lot of rhythm and how you used pathetic fallacy to give more detail about the subject.  Great job(:

Mitch said...
on May. 1 2012 at 11:24 am
I loved your sonnet! I really liked that you had good rhythm. It was even a little catchy if that makes any sence. I hope you make another poem like this cause I would gladly read it. :)

on May. 1 2012 at 11:20 am
This is an amazing sonnet about a personal problem. Many people have this problem. This poem could help people everywhere. I liked how you used hyperboles to make it easier to understand how you feel.

on May. 1 2012 at 10:43 am
The poem was a great sonnet! I really liked how you used a form of alliteration in your writing.

on May. 1 2012 at 10:36 am
The poem is a really great sonnet! i like how you used a type of alliteratino at the beginnig of most verses

NOLDEG BRONZE said...
on May. 1 2012 at 10:30 am
NOLDEG BRONZE, Waterford, Wisconsin
This is an amazing sonnet about a personal experience.  The hyperbole made it easier to understand what you had to go through.