You & Me | Teen Ink

You & Me

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

Isn't it so sad when you see an old friend and their whole personality and outlook on life has changed...and not for the good. Well that's what inspired me for this poem...I hope you enjoyed it

babigerl1194 PLATINUM, Margaretville, New York

wat doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

this is amzing i get it. it remeinds me of likin a guy and ahving a connectiion then seeing him again and nott.

hollyhottell DIAMOND, Redding, California

poetry is a diary written out loud

thx. ive submitted tons of poetry

Awe thank u:)

It thrills me to kno u can relate to the poem:)

I'll check out ur work once u submit some;)

Thank u:) I love feedback n expesially wen it's good feedback n ofcoarse i"ll def check out ur work;)

Thanx I'm glad ;D

Wow thank you :) what a comliment

I'll def check out some of ur work when I have the chance:) n thank u again!

Thank u so much:)

Sadly it happens too often...

on Feb. 23 2010 at 8:09 am
noelleism PLATINUM, Russellville, Alabama

I can not dwell on the past, and I will not live on what the future may hold, but yet take comfort and find perpose in the second yet to come.

This has happened to me befofe but not a break up. Never had one of those. I like your poem alot but I'm not so sure it's a sonnet , there supposed to have 14 lines you have 8. but it is a lovely poem. :)

xLpoet SILVER said...
xLpoet SILVER, Bristow, Virginia

"It is not the length of life but the depth of life"- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is very beautiful! I can relate. I love the flow of it-it doesn't sound forced at all.

booboo360 said...
omg i luv ur poems!!!!!! they are so great . i feel like ......... i feel like i no u. ur so great. i relate so much to this poem i am 14 so im going through the break-up stages and this is my new fav

on Feb. 17 2010 at 10:56 am

poetry is a diary written out loud

i really liked this...it was really good. i loved the story it told... you can kinda relate it to summer love...i loved it. u should see if you like my stuff

on Feb. 16 2010 at 8:52 am
CheyCheyLLama BRONZE, Sebring, Florida
This piece, I can really relate to. I love it(:

calephchad BRONZE, Guin, Alabama
Wow! I love this! It's simplicity makes it so beautiful. This is definitely a 5 out of 5. Please stop by and check out my work. I would highly appreciate it. Thanks and thanks again for this amazing poem! Keep writing! I'd love to hear more by you.

Karlynne PLATINUM, Orange Park, Florida

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
-Vivian Greene

wow this is a great poem. it has happened to me quite a few times. you can relate very well to this. you are an excellent writer

on Feb. 6 2010 at 8:57 am
bass_rockrgrl13 PLATINUM, Burlington, Massachusetts
This is absolutely amazing! That happened to me a couple of times. =)

Wow.. thanx a bunch! lol ;D

Thank you so much lol i try to make my poems full of emotion so I'm glad u could feel that:)

thanx:)

I'm so glad when my poems r relatable!

I try lol

DramaQueen106 BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

" I love how it shows how if two people are meant to be together, they will be, even if something seperates them. That there's a magic to it" - Beastly

Wow.. dis is amazing!=)

on Jan. 31 2010 at 8:05 am
taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

The truth is that at some point, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to decide who's worth the pain.

Some say having something to lose is what makes you vulnerable. I believe that having something to lose only makes you stronger.

This is such a beautiful poem.

It's so raw and honest, and so sad and sweet.

I love it. Keep it up.