Seasons | Teen Ink

Seasons

By hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida
hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

"You know you’re a writer if your friend tells you a heartbreaking story and your first reaction is – wow, that would make an incredible plot for a novel. You know you’re a smart writer if you manage to keep that reaction to yourself."

I see the snow whispering
The secrets that it’s held
Watch the cold caress my face
To show that it means well

I see the sun melt ice cream
The treat cries in despair
And a breeze carries its soft sweet scent
the season without care

I see the leaves re-dress
In their formal gowns
From colors of a lovely red
To deep and hopeless brown

I see the flowers all awake
Rising from their beds
The petals fold out colors
And the trees all shake their heads

The sharp contrast of hot and cold
The way the seasons change
It’s just the earth telling us
Sometimes things re-arrange

This poem won second place in my school poetry contest last year. (I have to say I was disappointed. I had one first place the year before.) But whatever I really like this poem for some reason

midnightwoah said...
midnightwoah, Monett, Missouri

"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky

Congradulations for winning your school contest, my school does'nt care enough about writing to do anything like that :(. I wish my poem "Rain Stop Studderin'" was as imaginative as this! Keep writing and winning :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

This is Vivaldi's Seasons in lyrics. I have to say I'm somewhat astonished you didn't win your contest. 

on Mar. 20 2013 at 5:22 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Hey, this was even nicer than your other peoms...It's got this sweet serene flow and makes on smile..Sure made me smile :) You're reallly talented Hannah!

on Mar. 20 2013 at 5:22 am

- Maya Angelou

on Aug. 25 2012 at 10:03 am
Lexi_Lou_17 BRONZE, Laurel, Maryland

Life is like photography. We develop from the negatives.

This was a very fun poem to read. It flows very nicely and the word choice was incredible! Great job! :)

croww said...
i really enjoyed reading this, good job!

on Jan. 30 2010 at 5:19 am
munkyman95 GOLD, Medway, Other

I will become, what I know I am' Michael Jordan

this is very good, nice word choice :)

PlasticDreams BRONZE, Boca Raton, Florida
Hey :D I love this poem! ^_^

~Kat from school

hutchinsonj said...
I see that you are describing more than one season in your poem. You typed the following quote, "I see the sun melts ice cream." I am guessing that this quote describes summer. You also typed the following quote, "I see the snow whispering." I am guessing that this quote describes the season of winter.

cjl777 said...
on Oct. 11 2009 at 10:10 am
cjl777, Germantown, Maryland
This is beautiful! I love the autumn one especially. :D

on Oct. 10 2009 at 7:10 am
hannahbee7 DIAMOND, Boca Raton, Florida

Thank you!!

NinaFarryn SILVER, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
This is so well written, you have great talent!!!! I loved your metaphor of fall,

JosieNotJose SILVER, West Palm Beach, Florida
Wow, this is really great! Very deep...very descriptive.

WoodrowS said...
I think this poem should have won first place in your school poetry contest! It was quite interesting for me to read!! There were no grammar mistakes that I could see, and I love the pattern you did, with each stanza talking about a different season. I also loved the personifications you added in at the beginning of each stanza, like "the flowers all awake/ Rising from their beds," and, "the leaves re-dress/ In their formal gowns." This is a well-written and well done poem!!

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

This is really good, I see why it won second place! (I'm jealous, actually). Anyways, I love the way you describe the trees "redressing", and the flowers "rising from their beds, and the trees all shake their heads." Wonderful imagery. This is a really creative and beautiful poem!

Duckie430 said...
Duckie430, Riverside, Rhode Island

“The secret to life is being who you are and being happy with who you are.”
"Whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger."

wow, this is really amazing. i love the imagery & emotion