Seasons This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I see the snow whispering
The secrets that it’s held
Watch the cold caress my face
To show that it means well

I see the sun melt ice cream
The treat cries in despair
And a breeze carries its soft sweet scent
the season without care

I see the leaves re-dress
In their formal gowns
From colors of a lovely red
To deep and hopeless brown

I see the flowers all awake
Rising from their beds
The petals fold out colors
And the trees all shake their heads

The sharp contrast of hot and cold
The way the seasons change
It’s just the earth telling us
Sometimes things re-arrange

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:02 pm:
Congradulations for winning your school contest, my school does'nt care enough about writing to do anything like that :(. I wish my poem "Rain Stop Studderin'" was as imaginative as this! Keep writing and winning :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is Vivaldi's Seasons in lyrics. I have to say I'm somewhat astonished you didn't win your contest. 

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:22 am:
Hey, this was even nicer than your other peoms...It's got this sweet serene flow and makes on smile..Sure made me smile :) You're reallly talented Hannah!

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:22 am:

Lexi_Lou_17 said...
Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:03 am:
This was a very fun poem to read. It flows very nicely and the word choice was incredible! Great job! :)

croww said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 2:11 pm:
i really enjoyed reading this, good job!

munkyman95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2010 at 5:19 am:
this is very good, nice word choice :)

PlasticDreams This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey :D I love this poem! ^_^
~Kat from school

hutchinsonj said...
I see that you are describing more than one season in your poem. You typed the following quote, "I see the sun melts ice cream." I am guessing that this quote describes summer. You also typed the following quote, "I see the snow whispering." I am guessing that this quote describes the season of winter.

cjl777 said...
Oct. 11, 2009 at 10:10 am:
This is beautiful! I love the autumn one especially. :D

Baninabean This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so well written, you have great talent!!!! I loved your metaphor of fall,

hannahbee7 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 7:10 am :
Thank you!!

whoknows6 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is really great! Very deep...very descriptive.

WoodrowS said...
I think this poem should have won first place in your school poetry contest! It was quite interesting for me to read!! There were no grammar mistakes that I could see, and I love the pattern you did, with each stanza talking about a different season. I also loved the personifications you added in at the beginning of each stanza, like "the flowers all awake/ Rising from their beds," and, "the leaves re-dress/ In their formal gowns." This is a well-written and well done poem!!

Inkspired said...
This is really good, I see why it won second place! (I'm jealous, actually). Anyways, I love the way you describe the trees "redressing", and the flowers "rising from their beds, and the trees all shake their heads." Wonderful imagery. This is a really creative and beautiful poem!

Duckie430This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow, this is really amazing. i love the imagery & emotion