Dad's Goodbye | Teen Ink

Dad's Goodbye

By polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other
polinaperin DIAMOND, Espluegues De Llobregat, Other

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.

In the quiet nooks of my heart, your laughter still resounds, A beacon of yesteryears, where our shared joy bounds. With every pedal pushed, beneath the sun’s gaze, Your teachings, a tapestry, through life’s intricate maze.

Side by side, we unraveled the enigma of numbers and prose, Your wisdom, a lighthouse, guiding me through life's throes. To the gates of learning, your hand led the way, Till fate’s swift shadow, stole the light of day.

In the silence of your absence, a relentless, echoing void, My soul adrift, in the vastness, your presence devoid. Yet, propelled by your essence, to realms of dreams you once sowed, In halls of knowledge, where my aspirations flowed.

Amidst the throng, I seek the warmth of your guiding star, A compass missing, my journey feels stretched too far. Yet, in my victories and trials, it’s your voice I yearn to praise, A silent whisper, fueling my spirit through the maze.

This poem explores the emotions and influence of a father’s loss; it navigates through cherished memories, the impact of his teachings, and the deep void left by his absence.