Top Voted Song Lyrics

Here are the top voted song lyrics:

voted
#1
Believing Is Deserving This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Everyone deserves someone, just like the earth deserves the sun, brings light into your life, there's nothing like a lie … To make you lose hope, but you know you're gonna cope, because everyone deserves someone. Everyone... (more »)
68 comments
voted
#2
Blackened Hearts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
when i was young i believed my heart was shaped just the way they portrayed it on the television and it was painted red like a brick house but lately i've learned it's been sprayed black from the bruises it's taken it's shaken i was... (more »)
51 comments
voted
#3
Clipped Wings This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
You murder me Another butterfly kept pinned to a corkboard Label me Classified to a stereotype Ignore my screams Ignore my pleading Leave me to dreaming Of soaring free You're murdering me Keeping me caged like a canary Ignore my... (more »)
23 comments
voted
#4
The Chess-Playing Nihilist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It always ends in checkmate, no matter how you play Go through it all, you'll still find yourself dead at the end of the day Your comrades fall, and with each fall, you're left weaker You stay put and you hide, and you tell her to go seek her... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#5
Today Gone Be Aight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Today gone be just fine I proly hit the lottery, they proly envy me I proly win a sweepstakes and go on a shopping spree I proly get a brand new T.I.P. CD, for free I proly fool around and have kids looking up to me I'm gone have a good day,... (more »)
16 comments
voted
#6
Skeletal Lies This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I've seen the skeletons Hiding in your closet, More than just bones And detailed composites, I've heard the lies you tell, They're neither little nor white, I've witnessed the hands you deal, Two kings but no white knight, I don't know... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#7
Black Gold This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Toxic gains Economic raise Society's dying rage. Collapse of the system End of the line Black gold In our bank tonight False truths False lies Monetary suicide Make a withdrawal tonight Unexpected crash – bull sh** – Been... (more »)
15 comments
voted
#8
Spin with me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Spin and spin, hit me again. The stars are fireflies, I'm lost chasing them in your eyes. Punch me, punch me. The crash of the cymbals The symphonic sounds The timpani roll Spin me 'round Our bare feet pound the dirt. Twirl with me,... (more »)
19 comments
voted
#9
Livin' This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Yesterday I packed a bag of multigrain Cheerios and I walked across the street And yesterday I sang quietly and I sang every note on key I fought with my mom, laughed with my friends, said hi in the halls at school I ran four miles, did... (more »)
26 comments
voted
#10
Cigarettes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By , Paris, France
The cigarette burns your fingers So you let it go, let it drop to the floor Like you've let down everyone and everything Else around you You blow away the last puff of shadowy smoke That you will ever have to face again Yet, by throwing... (more »)
24 comments
voted
#11
Let Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Leave me alone I don't want your help I'm pushing you away Realize that now I never wanted anyone else I'm enough for me Now let me be Let me be empty Let me be hungry Let me drown in everything you wanted to be Let me drift away Let... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#12
Hey There Boy (I Wanna Breathe) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Hey there, boy, you got me thinking 'bout those long hours I spent just waiting 'round. I can't spend another day without living my life now. And hey there, boy, you got me screaming out loud and still the silence is all... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#13
Loose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There was a time when I had lost myself There was a time when I loathed your help There was a time when I couldn't understand There was a time when I was vulnerable Today every string which holds my marionette of a body Is on the verge of... (more »)
3 comments
voted
#14
Weight of the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I will not be crushed under the weight of the world. I will not be forsaken to the mercy of fate and destiny. That, you see, is my destiny. Atlas in his hubric strength lifts the sky on his shoulders; I will not be so foolish to put me... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#15
Remember Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By , Loveland, OH
Do you remember me? I'm the girl You knocked down in the hall. You were in a rush, and I guess I must have blended in with the wall. Is that what happened? Or is it You were moving just too fast And all the things you're rushing by,... (more »)
74 comments
voted
#16
Sidewalk Silence This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Caught in between these pages, tripping over words like cracks in sidewalk, you won't realize that the end was coming so soon, you won't realize as you're dreaming in your room. Facts and figures begin to lose their taste,... (more »)
8 comments