Hide and Seek | Teen Ink

Hide and Seek

She fakes it all. Smiles and laughter carry her through the day. But all that's left is a skeleton of what she used to be. Her big beautiful eyes tear stained from last nights cry. And she doesn't know why, she doesn't know why.
All alone shaking from the cold that's got her so low. It's a game of hide and seek, she hopes she won't be found. She'll work it out somehow, she'll find a way out.
She keeps her head up. Her sense of pride she will never toss away. Her hopes and dreams tied up in her mind with a lock and key she holds on so tight, griped so tight.
All alone shaking from the cold thats got her so low. It's a game of hide and seek. She hopes she won't be found. She'll work it out somehow, she'll find a way out.
She hides so carefully, he counts the one, two, threes, please come and fine me, she screams please come and find me.
All alone shaking from the cold thats got her so low. It's a game of hide and seek She hope she won't be found, She says "I'll work it out somehow, I'll find a way out."
One, two, three... just a game of hide and seek.