Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

Triss GOLD said...
Triss GOLD, Delaware, Ohio

"School is practice for the future, practice makes perfect, but nobody is perfect. So why practice?"
"You can murder a murderer, but you can never murder murder itself."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain

lol well thank you, but I'm not exactly sure how it would work out cuz I really don't know you.. and I'm sure we prolly don't live anywhere near each other

bigzombie said...
i already looked at you're account,and i know you are into music. i love music. and i can't wait to go out with you.

Triss GOLD said...
Triss GOLD, Delaware, Ohio

lol Well, relationships tend to be hard when it's long distance and through a computer.. Just saying. lol But I'd like to get to know you.

GreenGuitar said...
Really, girls don't hold grudges... Well... Exept for me :D Anyway, guys hold grudges! Trust me! I have THREE older brother, I would know. Well, I guess SOME guys don't hold grudges.... But most of them do... but anyway, great song thing poem lyric something...

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

That was awesome! I really like the part about Buety taming the beast and Arial leaving the sea.

bigzombie said...
i hope we can go out because i never had a girlfriend. and you will be my first girlfriend. and no i am not using you or anything. i just wanted a girlfriend. i love you.

2goldenR said...
2goldenR, Cortlandt Manor, New York

“Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutly."
—Unknown

I liked that song very much. As i read it, i found myself creating a tune in my head to sing the song to. It reminds me of the song that Vanessa Hudgens sings. I like this one much more:)

Savannainthesky GOLD, West Suffield, Connecticut

"It may have been in pieces.. but I gave you the best of me"-Jim Morrison(the doors)

Nice,I enjoyed that i'm a girl lol and I liked this very much i can even imagine hearing this on the radio;)

Triss GOLD said...
Triss GOLD, Delaware, Ohio

lol we'll see..

bigzombie said...
bigzombie, Poplarbluff, Missouri

I LOVE LEFT 4 DEAD!!!!!

well now that i got a account, you can get to know me a lot more. then we could go out.

misstywaterfall SILVER, N/a, Massachusetts

"if you dont understand my silence how will you understand my words"

GIRLSS ARE THE BEST END OF STORY :) :)

bigzombie said...
bigzombie, Poplarbluff, Missouri

I LOVE LEFT 4 DEAD!!!!!

i agree i think it is a good poem.

HaleyJo said...
I really liked this. I found myself, as I was reading it, saying the words to a melody of some sort. :) Hah.

BalletGirl said...
on Nov. 10 2010 at 12:39 am
BalletGirl, Sydney, Other

"Happiness is like those palaces in fairy tales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it."

This is amazing! I can really relate to the lyrics. Well done. Love BalletGirl xx

on Nov. 8 2010 at 9:35 am
RBrown201 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
I actually took this song, and did some mixes on my computer, edited it, and I am recording some cool music for this. Haha. It's really, really good. 

thelamb said...
on Nov. 5 2010 at 9:39 am
i gotta admitt i love this song!! girls and women have come along way and are a force to be fought with. we're powerful and are learning to stand for ourselves. and i know alot of people are commenting about the "pants" part. but, sorry guys sometimes its true. if a girl doesn't have a guy, then she's wearing the pants. she taking care of hersef. and you no what, she's okay with that. great good!!

LyssaG910 said...
Um not ALL girls hold grudges. I'm one of the girls who gets crap done and gets over it. no reason to ever hold grudges.

TrinityCreed said...
on Nov. 4 2010 at 9:56 am
Do you think that there is a way for both people in the relationship to work together, instead of one of them wearing the pants in the relationship? Working as a team. If you somehow agree, please tell me. Not only that could you check out my poem "Inner Beauty," hopefully you will like it. BrokenInnocence think of that poem as another way of me saying I'm sorry. I know you forgive me, but hopefully this will make up for what I've done.

TrinityCreed said...
Talk about being quick on comments (feels like instant messaging). Me pig headed?? Never mind on that, last thing I need is another arguement. Yes I do beleive that "young women" should have a head on their shoulders. How are they to survive in today's society? Today's society is very hard not only to women but also to men, how do you think I feel? One thing I don't quite get is your last sentence, I think you did not complete it. Are you expecting me to say: "I'm sorry I hope somehow we move on from our mistake"? (The head on your shoulders is a compliment) You are a very intelligent young woman. I don't get a lot of itelligent girls at my school that much that's why I brought about that joke.I bet you didn't like it though. Maybe I went too far on that.     

And yes you did kinda go a little to far. And I agree in traditional values. I was raised in them, the southern way. I get it. And if your not a chauvanistic pig then I apologize for calling you one.  And I won't call you chauvanistic, maybe a little pig headed though. The belief that you didn't believe that a "young woman" would have a good head on her shoulders?  but ill find the compliment somewhere