Where I'm From | Teen Ink

Where I'm From

By Leviathan.On.Earth GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Leviathan.On.Earth GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

I am from Erin and Donald . One loud, outgoing and ready to party. One reserved, quiet and friendly.
From short blonde hair and bright hazel eyes, filled with love for beings on this earth. Never having hate for anyone who does not deserve it.
From hands, that hold my best friend’s face to dry his tears, to hold my lovers hand as we make our way to somewhere special.
From my feet, that carry me as I dance, the feeling of happiness that consumes me, makes me feel like I could dance forever.

I am from birthday cake and water surrounding me, as I dove into the pool, like a mermaid diving from a rock.
From the crack and boom of fireworks the night before my birthday, thinking they were like shooting stars falling just for me.
From “Stop being a crybaby” to finding ways to breathe in 1,2,3,4, out 1,2,3,4, in 1,2,3,4, out, 1,2,3,4 in 1,2,3,4, out 1,2,3,4.
From a foggy gray and dandelion yellow colored bedroom, littered with stuffed animals, drawing books, notebooks, and books.

I am from drawing and painting, feeling my wrist move and sketching out a woman or man, a divine person to give a life to.
From dancing, to the music going through me and feeling that nothing else is there but me, the rhythm moving my feet and body, like a breeze moving a paper bag.
From roses, from being cliche to the smell and the look of them, the vision of romance and threat of thorns becomes exhilarating.
From meeting my best friend and learning to love him like he was my brother, feeling like I could do anything from run a marathon to creating a masterpiece.