Working Class This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Just on trees I fall; rest is so relative to the breaths. I am tired of this.
It’s like to venture. Wrung with thimbles and needles, I need anything:
Someone said they were crystals in big duffel bags, hanging on shoulders like
They’re going somewhere important. It doesn’t work like that.
Understood by green tea and gracious flowers, where are reasons when blood is
Distilled and riled, smothered under skin?
It’s not like wooden cottages in lightly sun-sprinkled forests,
It’s iron hammers. Black with soot, under my fingers.
With blacksmith tools hanging over us like silver chandeliers, we tread onward,
As if we cannot perish by the flame.

TyroneJohnson said...
This is one of the many poems on this website that I love to read. When I read this poem, I feel so comfortable reading this. I just love your writing style and hope you write more like these.

Ladylikeinquisition145 said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:37 am
This poem actually made me feel very comfortable. like i was reading something that brought this sudden metal image into my mind. It wasn't generic like so many other which i can fully appreciate. This was so powerful that i think i deserves all the recognition it has been receiving. Excellent job.

Lucy(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 8:53 am
the is a GOLDEN poem, so presice and sophisticated. you put so much heart andpassion into it qhile the words are as fluent as honey flowing slowly from the bottle. loveeeee itttt. (=

blandiloquentia said...
Jan. 24, 2010 at 9:28 am
Congratulations. You have written, in my opinion, the poem most worthy of praise on this entire website. I don't understand why it isn't #1. Your skill with imagery is something to learn from. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing.

krysling said...
the immagery was amazing, but i felt a little lost.. as if my mind couldn't settle on any part of the poem.. like i couldn't decide what image to look at. i liked the effect.. but it was kind of confusing. excellent poem. confusing but great.

LizWood said...
This is absolutely beautiful.

James B. said...
Apr. 17, 2009 at 1:32 am
In my opinion the best on this list of top-runners; very strong

dot.! said...
deep, beautifully written. i had to read it a few times to really grasp it! i loved it! can you please tell me what you think of my poem?? its
TeenInk.com/raw/Poetry/article/91361/Trapped
thanks!!

LilJ<3 said...
Wow this was great. You created great imagery with your poem.... I wish you would have left a little explanation with so that i didnt have just my interperation of it...But overal it was amazing and you are such a gifted writter... So Please, keep on writting... You have a great gift..
♥ Jackie

kissingdawn331 said...
wow truly amazing ...How could a poet be lost for words? great immagery keep on keepin' on