Just to Let You Know This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Your butchering words
In the beginning
Went through my head
As a child who listens
To every word you say

Your constant sarcasm
Your words which
I thought were the truth
The never giving up

Just to let you know, Dad
Those butchering words
To me are now worthless
For I know now
It was only your sickness

skybeanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Awesome!... Please comment on my work!

MarieAntoinette2012This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 10:18 am:
Eep.  Why do these poems always make me bawl???? Because I can relate.

irishlass317This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:21 pm:
Wow!!!!!! This is really, really good! :-)

writer3499This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:41 am:
it's really intense and awesome!  Woud you mind commenting on my work? 

TMarie42This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm:
Very easy for me to relate to. Loved it!

abbey92This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm:
i love it. my dad was the same way

vazenitran98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:46 am:
This was quite meloncholy. I hope nothing is really going on. I like this poem. Not like the rest,but you made one of the excpetions. Keep writing. I expect more!

SilverSunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 19, 2012 at 3:07 pm:
:( reallllly goooood poem(: sad story tho...

Schuyler M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 19, 2012 at 6:56 am:
Such a beautiful and heartwrenching poem. I can relate in so many ways. I'm glad it was published xx

AnnaXThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Hi,

Wow, this is such a heartwrenching poem. You said so much without really saying much. Lovely work.

LovelyBlackWisteria said...

i agree i really like this poem makes me think of my own father

samlynn said...
Your poem paints a very clear picture! It's a very well put together poem.

Morgan M. said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:46 am:
i love this poem, describes everything right

Lauren_Kay said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:43 am:
I really like the meaning behind the story, and in some indirect way, I feel like I can relate to your poem.

Haley C. said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:38 am:
I am glad this was published.

Jaycee92 said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:13 am:
This poem is one of very few I've read were I can relate Very well to. good job.

Redneck-WomenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:34 am:
i really like this. it seems as if you went through this. i felt as if you were angery when you wrote this. if i am wrong just find on of my forums and let me know.

Blastdemon said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha am i missing the point?

torilutz8 said...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 10:52 am:
Good poem, just a little awkward with flowing and some word choice could be improved, but overall a good idea with nice execution.

hippiechick99 said...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:39 am:
True there could've been a few words changed here and there, but it's still a really good poem. Please check out mine.