A Bird in the Fog

Perched upon a tree,
feathers spread across her breast,
she sings in undertone.
I could never get a taste
of her fainted words,
but when her song did halt,
stolen by the morning mist,
there was
not a feather left.

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:11 am:
I'm touched by this comment, thanks! :D

Z.V.OksanaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 12 at 1:32 am:
Wow...The last line left a strong emotional impact. This is wonderful, absolutely beautiful, yet short and simple. Great job!

MeCreativeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 2:03 pm:
Really nice. Can u come on g-mail.

sillybunnyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 30 at 2:56 pm:
I really liked this

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8 at 2:07 pm:
WOW!!! I love it! ............. keep it up

Shadow_Wolf said...
Mar. 3 at 2:43 pm:
So beauful.... sooo  speechless

justmesimplyunique said...
Feb. 24 at 7:54 am:
this is very good :) keep up the good work

TanviKusumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23 at 8:59 am:
Absolutelyyyy wonderfullll :D

compassionThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 19 at 1:47 am:
The beauty of this poem is undescribable for me. Its so short, but it captured the gist  so very delicately and precisely with a fascinating imagery. Love it! Definitely one the most beautiful poems.

buttercup102903 said...
Jan. 31 at 10:51 am:
i really like it.keep up the good work

Kindle said...
Jan. 31 at 10:49 am:
I love the imagery of this poem!

MyAttempt said...
Jan. 22 at 1:24 am:
Very nice poem I like how it's a complete thought and you wrapped it up on the last stanza. :D 

ruth_w said...
Jan. 20 at 3:24 pm:
this is beautiful

RoseRatchet said...
Jan. 20 at 3:23 pm:
This is a really great poem

LanimalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 13 at 1:27 am:
This is fantastic! Short poems always seem to convey the most meaning. Great job!! :)

EmmaClaire0823This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 1:18 pm:
I really love how short and simple this poem was and yet it convayed so much meaning and emotion. It was great. I would say though that instead of "words" put "psalm" or another word to do with music. You said that the bird sings, so I would put a word more musical. Other than that it is great. 

booklover303This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9 at 12:47 pm:
Nice! Short and to the point... keep it up!

ChaitaliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7 at 10:55 am:
Ahh..amazing! Make sure to read and comment on mine- TeenInk.com/opinion/social_issues_civics/article/606294/Success-gains-us-useless-Trophies/?page=1

Webbyd said...
Awesome!!!! Like it!!! Keep writing