Fallen Wings

Dark wings spread afar,
The rush of power surges within.
Nothing quenches this beating heart;
Its pouring veins
Flood with sin.

Bow your head
To its light;
The Angel of Darkness
Is chained to night.

Lovely features
Conceal fire inside
Wild temper
Waits in pride.

Lightning flashes with pure fury;
The beast attacks,
With a clap of thunder.

Bow your head
To its light;
Beware the
Angel of Darkness,
Chained to night.

He descends from above
Attentive to revenge.
Moonlit wings flap with hate,
Eyes aglow with false love.

Heed to the angel that silently cries,
Rejected by the storm;
The weeping creature
Tries to fly,
But shatters with surpassing mourn.

Bow your head
To its light,
The Angel of Darkness
Forever chained
To night.

Restrain your claim
To the true power;
The angel grows weak
With passing hours.

Refrain from the cup
Of temptation,
Yield to the thought
Of His creation.

Bow your head
To his faux light,
The Angel of Darkness
Continues to fight.

Rain cascades off his back
Like the tears that do not hide.
Lo to the angel who
Can’t return,
Acast to the other side.

Bow your head,
To his lost might;
The Angel of Darkness
Will never be bright.

ZeroDarkFlirty said...
today at 4:35 pm:
Wow. This was...well, I don't really have words that can aptly describe the amount of awesome contained in this, so let me just say...5/5 stars. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the ER. I'm allergic to large amounts of epicness. :)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 10:09 pm :
Hahahahaha you don't know how hard your comment made me laugh. It made my day! Thank you a million times!!

jewelia said...
Jun. 10 at 6:21 pm:
I wasn't sure what to expect, considering this came from the "opinion" section of the chat room (at a first glance, I was almost certain it was just spam). But I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. Your vocabulary is very broad and you don't over-exaggerate the descriptive elements of the poem. The creativity in this poem is spectacular. In all honesty, the title of the poem is cliché and something I have seen used far too many times. While the poem itself is quite the opposite, I think... (more »)

Jun. 17 at 8:16 pm :
Thank u soooo much for the constructive criticism! I hope to utilize it ASAP... I definetly agree on ur opinion on my title. Thanks again! :)

SongBird04This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10 at 2:07 pm:
Hi Hanban! I don't know how this doesn't have more comments! It's truly amazing! It's very deep and I like the style it's written in. This poem is very true and even a bit mysterious! It's unique and I love it! Keep it up! :) 

Jun. 17 at 8:15 pm :
Thank u soo much!!!! :)

buttercup102903 said...
Jun. 10 at 11:49 am:
it is really good keep up the great work

Jun. 10 at 11:52 am :
Thank you!