the stars go out one by one This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

the moon bathed our skin
with a liquid silver light
as the sliver stars
flickered like the fading
light of the street-lamps
around us
i begged you stay
my cracked lips quivering
silver tears staining my silver cheeks
but you resisted
your silver eyes
denying me of you
your closed lips taut
affirming your rejecting me
the distance between us
is greater than the light years
spreading from eon to eon
separating the silver stars from the silver moon
and you walk past
the flickering street-lamps
fading away from me
like the silver moon
ebbs crescent by crescent
the silver stars
burning out
one by one

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I never thought of stars in such a dark and lurid way before. I like how you take something beautiful to the eye and make it seem gloomy and obscure from a different angle of perception in your free verse poems. Another wonderful piece, from another wonderful writer.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You're truly flattering me. Which I don't mind whatsoever. Thank you. You're really making my day. Screw it! My year! 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
As you make mine, Mckay.

Black_AngelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My heart broke just reading this poem beautiful but also heart wrenching.thank you for sharing this with me.

Thanks. That means a lot to me. Not that your heart borke. But that you enjoyed reading it. Always means the world to me. And thank you for sharing your work with me. Anytime. 

Kris_10 said...
I really like your connection back to silver several times. it felt like i was actually there, being rejected.

Awe, don't feel that way. But thanks, Kris. Long time no see. 

ramfthomas4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it's like actually being rejected by someone. i mean, you can feel the pain. that's a good thing!

Thanks!! 

uhmjanis said...
so i'm kind of just sitting here reading a ton of your stuff and i'm impressed. i love thie poem. so beautiful.

Thanks a ton.

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thought this was hauntingly beautiful and I love how you included "cracked lips." Not many people are willing to show the imperfections of a poem's narrator, and I loved that you included that small little description. :D Have a great day!

If you notice, most of the speakers of my peoms if they describe themselves, they add the imperfections they have. Meanwhile, their lovers are perfect. I don't know why I do that with my poetry. I guess it adds some personal-ness in them. I'm glad you caught that. Not a lot of people do. Thanks, Krasota.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:50 am
Hey, Mckay ...how are you? You know I really try to be as honest as I can with the comments I post and to say here That "I Love it" would be quite unfair.. because one cannot truly love something unless they completely understand it and I do understand it some, but not all...  I mean the basic fabric isn't hard to grasp, but I do feel there is a great depth to this that  I somehow cannot go into probably because I have not ever been in the same situation so I cannot say I... (more »)

Thanks. Saphira. The "sliver" was a typo. Glad things worked out...again. Not the first time. Thank you for catching that. And I've been having some rough days. But I can't complain. I've been well. You? Thanks so much. 

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:35 am
You're welcome, as always. I've been pretty busy but well, but weather is awfully hot..I suppose the lack of outdoor activities is what makes me prefer winter and not summer. Thank you for asking. All my best wishes. 

Best wishes for you too. Sorry to hear about the weather. The weather here too can be disagreeable. The humidity. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey Mckay! Long time no talk and to be honest i kinda miss you're feedback and work so i decided to update myself on what was going on on your page. More amazing poetry as usual. As soon as I saw the title i immediately thought of MyApocoliptic its very her. Brilliant work as usual. So what's going on? I am just here at anytime and if you need me just come to my page and tell me if you ever want me to read something or just stop by my forums. I am always here to read your work and offer honest f... (more »)

Thanks, Liv. I always appreciate your feedback. Always. It makes my day Even when I'm not feeling 100%. It keeps me rocking. http://www.teenink.com/poetry/free_verse/article/555889/Blood-Bath/ If you like you can read this. Unfortunately, when I submitted it, I pressed Anonymous. -_- Now, not many people get to read it. But I did write it. And yes, MyApocalytic once again inspired me. Talk to you soon hopefully. 

Hey, Liv. It's been a while, I must admit. I miss your feedback as well. I've been awfully side-tracked with so much madness. And yes, she did inspire this piece as she has with a few others. Thanks so much for the feedback. I did try to paste a link here of a poem I wrote. But it says Anonymous. I don't know why I pressed that. Has a check mark though. It's called Blood Bath.