the stars go out one by one | Teen Ink

the stars go out one by one

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

the moon bathed our skin
with a liquid silver light
as the sliver stars
flickered like the fading
light of the street-lamps
around us
i begged you stay
my cracked lips quivering
silver tears staining my silver cheeks
but you resisted
your silver eyes
denying me of you
your closed lips taut
affirming your rejecting me
the distance between us
is greater than the light years
spreading from eon to eon
separating the silver stars from the silver moon
and you walk past
the flickering street-lamps
fading away from me
like the silver moon
ebbs crescent by crescent
the silver stars
burning out
one by one

This poem is inspired by three groups of people, although the third is one person technically: the Imagist, the Beat Generation, and MyApocalytic—whose work never ceases to inspire me.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 6 2013 at 4:55 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey you. Thank so much. I appreciate it. 

on Jun. 6 2013 at 9:53 am
hemingways_daughter DIAMOND, London, Other

'Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.'
― Virginia Woolf, 'A Room of One's Own'

this is beautiful..

Mckay ELITE said...
on Jun. 3 2013 at 4:51 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

CHRISTI, THANK YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU TIME INFINITY! That means a lot to me. And your turn will arrive; I know it. You're a talented writer and you work demonstrates it. And yes, I'll read and comment on your poem. Thank you for making my day.

on Jun. 1 2013 at 7:19 pm
Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Spectacular. Or shpuld I say, stellar? That would be ironic, though, since this is about stars going *out* and hopes dying. First, "I* beeged you to stay," taunt*. Second. I just LOVED the lines "the distance between u/ is greater than the lightyears*/ spreading eon to eon" it was totally awesone. And thought those were the lines I like best just because they catch my fancy, I think the ones after get even better. Great work! And oh, could you look in on Sacred Heartbeat? Its my most recent poem. Congrats on another (come on! When is it my turn????) red and white checkmark!

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 31 2013 at 7:01 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'll be waiting. 

on May. 31 2013 at 2:50 pm
LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

So, I have a surprise for you and Liv and two other people. Hopefully teenink will post it soon. I really hope that you'll like it.. I'll let you know when it's up. :-)

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 31 2013 at 1:13 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

LexusMarie! Thank you so much. It means a lot that you love this poem with intensity. I really love this one as well. It took me a while to set the mood well and convey the exact images I would picture in this insane mind of mine. But, I think it might have paid off. I hope so at least. Thank you so much for the love; I truly appreciate it. 

Mckay ELITE said...
on May. 31 2013 at 1:09 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks, JosephW. 

on May. 30 2013 at 8:09 pm

Mckay! Other than Besos, this is my favorite poem by you. Congratulations on the check mark! I love this so much. The poem felt like swimming through space, vast and beautiful. I love the repetition of the word 'silver' and all the lovely descriptions. This was angelic and delicate. It was all so intricate. I enjoyed everything about this. You never cease to amaze me.

JosephW. GOLD said...
on May. 30 2013 at 4:06 pm
JosephW. GOLD, Richford, Vermont

I know not what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.