Shadows Linger always | Teen Ink

Shadows Linger always

By Poet-of-Hearts SILVER, Eagle Creek, Oregon
Poet-of-Hearts SILVER, Eagle Creek, Oregon
9 articles 1 photo 1 comment

If you want to be seen, stand up.
If you want to be heard, Speak up.
If you want to learn, Shut up.

For although my life moves on my thoughts still linger on their words, their anger, their hate. Shown to the girl who was just trying to find a place in this world, alone without a friend to truly care. Even now, surrounded by friends of her own, ghosts of her past still haunt her. Daunting they taunt her. Uncaring, unbelieving, relentless. Tearing apart they very seams of her reality, as her life seeps through the cracks leaving a cold and empty shell of the person who use to be. Stuck on the brimming tide of tears held back from fear of looking weak. I'm okay, the only words she has for those who ask whats wrong. Followed by a shadow of pain and fear that, like all shadows, cannot be stamped out by the one it posses, just covered by a mask of darkness prohibiting the light that wants to shine through... To heal, to comfort, to bring peace. The peace once held by this beautiful girl whose reflection has contorted in her mind to the words spoken by those who don't know the true beauty she holds.

I was bullied all through elementary until my Freshman year of High School. I am a sophmore now