I Take Back My Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I take back my tears
the wasted years
I spent crying
for what never could happen

I take back my heart
my shattered heart
Up off the ground
and back in my arms

I take back my hope
wasted on you
and toss it aside
for it has no meaning now

Nothing you say
no words
no songs
can heal the bleeding wound
That you opened again and again

I walk a free woman
held by nothing of yours
and fly away free
as free as the wind

DiVina said...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 12:28 am
This was amazing! Don't ever stop writing!

SpringtimeListener said...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 12:11 am
This is beautiful, and it shows how much strength you've built after all of your pain.

eliana924 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 26, 2011 at 7:22 am
So heartwrenching! I love this! I especially like the idea of "taking back tears" and other intangible things.

chantel15 said...
great poem . the detail you used. and alot of people can relate to this. gettng your heart broken and crying over it. and reliazing that its not worth it. very great poem :]

BlackPhoenix said...
it's sad but it flows fast giving it a positive spin that makes it fun as aposed to being depresing 

Bookworm007 said...
I love this poem!!! I just got out of a relationship and feel just like the "free woman" in your poem!! Keep writing!!!

Tomboy said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 9:07 am
i. love. this!

Fia-fia said...

I love this! Love it Love it Love it!!!!!!! it is truly amazing, with a sense of purpose, and a connection to so many people. I like the "free woman" part! It is an inspirational poem! Thank you!!!!

:)

RoseLynn said...
I think that this poem is brilliant! Keep writing!

snazzyshades said...
i absolutley love this poem  many girls can relate to this 

Behind-The-Illusion said...
I think a lot of girls could relate to this with learning to accept their first heartbreak. Very simple, and sweet. I love it :)

ninja17 said...
I can relate to this poem. Fantastic :)

megz_lover replied...
I can relate to that poem

JackieLoveJoy said...
This poem was good but it was dull it need energy and something else but I can't quite get it off the tip of my tongue.

Emerson said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 6:26 am
Really Good. you'll be a good writer some day

AelissNovakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 1:10 am
Sorry Emerson, but I dissagree, Lilyan is already an amazing writer! And I don't even usualy like poetry.

undefeated said...
I absolutly love this!

AKcurlgirl806 replied...
Yes! I totally agree!

JuneTaz said...
I understand Maria Hollis is being honest with you, but she's kind of wrong. I agree with the tons of people who compare with Christina Perri's Jar Of Hearts song, and at the same time, it's a poem that describes how a girl just wants to forget about that someone. I love the title, and the picture made me laugh! Four stars

mariahollis This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I... am not that impressed. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad poem, and I am inclined to be especially critical of love poems. I just don't feel that it's particularly creative or beautiful. It's very simplistic, which can be a good thing, but it's also quite cliched and full of empty-seeming bits of melodrama. None of your spirit or unique experiences shine through. This poem could have been written by any girl in the world (which does make it "relatable", I suppose) and the language is, quite... (more »)