Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

RedHadanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was beatifull

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I got angry as I read the end of the poem. They say freedom is life. No one should be restricted like that!

FreshatillyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 11:04 am
DEEP

AnyuhhhhThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 10:54 am
This poem was pretty deep, and I enjoyed it a lot. I would suggest you add more dialogue or more to the story. I really liked the end and her trust in her father. This poem really spoke to me.

WindRunnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I feel like it was a betrayal of trust. What a father should want for a child.

Briseida25 said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 10:33 am
I love this poem. 

goetz_17 said...
This poem really speaks to me.

poemoheart866This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was a lovely poem and I enjoyed it very much so!

Paakhi said...
Nov. 7, 2014 at 8:58 am
So deep......

Brian110This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5, 2014 at 7:48 am
That right there is TRUE poetry. its nice to see some good talent.

AzureBlueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 1, 2014 at 4:11 am
O_O AWESOMMEEEEE!!!! I love that ending, it's so realistic reminds me of the days when my parents would put some sort of string on us so that we wouldn't disappear. :P

RedHadanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Like those backpacks with the leashes for the parents to hold on to?  

dastal127 said...
Oct. 22, 2014 at 10:12 am
this peom is very deep and good

mi-mi said...
this poem is great and i hope u write many more o these

Maylissa This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so amazing! The ending really has an impact on me 

XxSmilesxX said...
Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:44 am
I read this poem everytime I go on teen ink.. It's amazing

LilyClearwaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
In terms of poetry grammar is really flexible, you're definetly more than welcome to your own opinion (^_^) ,but I thought it enhanced it.

Swimmergirl101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this poem is fantabulous

gaabbbeeee_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 13, 2014 at 11:03 am
yes, this poem is life

loveisevil15 said...
I love this poem. It was sweet and just plain out awesome.