Daddy's Womb This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i asked my father if i could swim,
and he said that i would drown.
The Sea would imprison me – he said
if my feet had left the ground.

So i walked out to the water,
and cried out – how ’bout now!
He said, a little bit further, Son,
and then you’ll leave the ground.

i stepped on sand then stone,
from hollow ground to sturdy.
The sky was at my level as I
gazed at the birdie.

The Sea brought me a new idea,
the urge to flee to the high.

i asked my Father if i could fly,
and he said, sure, Son – go try.

i jumped as high as i could.
Still, i landed on the ground.
i saw my Father pull on a chain,
then i knew that i was bound.

miiranda_18 said...
Go check out mine! TeenInk.com/poetry/free_verse/article/.../The-Dirty-Man/

angelique said...
WOW. you really have skills you can right good poetry its easy to understand I just love it

baby-p said...
i have a native American side to me so when i feel things deeply n strong i get empathy chills idk how to explain it just that this poem was heart touching

MadisonHudsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was amazing. You have definetley got some skills.

beAWESOMEstayAWESOME said...
So the father wants his son to try new things,explore the world around him, become someone successful,amazing,and special, but at the same time he doesn't want his son to leave him all alone. This honeslty made me feel like crying,but i loved. *thumbs up* Keep writing! :)

12yearold said...
Apr. 12, 2015 at 11:36 am
I'm so sorry that I have to say this but this could be because I'm very dumb. But I got that The dad has got the child trapped but is the rest of the poem him just trying to do this. Can someone fully explain the very deep meaning through of this very beautifully written emotional and raw poem. Don't get me wrong, I love this poem.

passion_poet19 said...
i see beyond this flow of the words they speak to me but i really like this poem. GOOD JOB.!!

A helping hand said...
Apr. 7, 2015 at 11:14 am
This is called imprisonment, seek a local child counselor.

VaquerodelEspacio replied...
You just made my day good sir!

Atlas_Woman said...
Quite lovely....

Jozzykay said...
Mar. 31, 2015 at 10:48 am
This is so emotional I love it!

SweetMonster365 said...
I love how you can get dragged into the poem

HeleneZ said...
DEEP DUUUUUUUDE

CharleyHeelisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Pls check out my work... Fire or Ice by CharleyHeelis. ....thanks xx

SkylerEldredgeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I'll gladly check out your work if someone will PLEASE check out mine, I've been writing for six years and I'm just starting to put it out there like everyone's been telling me too... thanks guys

PianoKeys97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sad, complex, powerful, and beautiful all at once. I loved reading this. Every idea flowed so coherently. This was a very unique, well-developed, and well-written poem. And the end, "I saw my Father pull on a chain, then I knew that I was bound," what a twist. Keep writing!

beAWESOMEstayAWESOME said...
THIS IS SO SAD. it SEEMS LIKE ITS ABOUT A BOY WHO DOESN'T WANT HIS SON TO LEAVE HIS SIDE, BUT GOOD WORK AND KEEP WRITING! :) *THUMBS UP* #TALENTED

jossetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love it, it captures my feelings so well

anna2000 said...
I have read through this poem so many times and it keeps getting better. Good Work!

Anonwriter1821 said...
Amazing I love it.