Just Save Yourself some Time and don't pick this Up

Put this down,
Put this down,
Put this down,
Quit reading!

Eventually you will;
You can’t last forever.
You may have skipped the title,
But there’s nothing more to see!

You must have some notion
(and a poor, deluded one at that)
That I’m tryin’ to stop you
from findin’ out.

You’re right,
I am,
So I didn’t even put it in here!
But of course you don’t believe me,
So I’ll have to try again!

Put this down,
Put this down,
Put this down,
It’s futile!

Stop wasting your time,
Your life,
(which must be pathetic, to be reading such garbage)
And just put this down!
You won’t find anything;
Nada,
Zippo.
You can skim the “put this down”s
To get to the real stuff,
But I tell you:
This is the real stuff!
No joke.
I’m actually not lyin’ to you.

Put this down,
Put this down,
Put this down,
It’s futile!

You know what?
I’m done.
I give.
I’m through tryin’ to convince you.
It’s futile . . . for me.

Black_Rose_Princess said...
Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:06 am

Wow! This was really good. I really liked reading it...I don't think it was a waste of time. I really got into it and the poem had a certain beat to it. I got caught up with the poem and its flow, so nice job dragging me in (even though you were trying to push me out).

To be honest, nothing really stands out as having to be fixed except for one. The lines in parantheses tend to slow down the tempo of the poem. I'm not really sure whether or not this is something that you need to fix, b... (more »)

LongLazyDays55 said...
Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:27 am
Good work. It reminds me (when I read it) of lyrics to a song. Very good! :) Keep writing! :)

BucketFiller said...
You have very good grammar and spelling, definately no mistakes there, but the content to me was a little iffy.  It's unique, for sure, but it is a little repetitive, because you can't go very many places with something like this.  SOmetimes cutting off the g's at the end of words (tryin' findin') just didn't quite fit and were distracting.  You are a great writer, keep going.

RandomInspiration said...
Aug. 21, 2011 at 12:26 am
Creative, but sort of reminds me of a subpar imitation of Lemony Snicket.  Keep writing though :)

JerseyGirl716 said...
I love this, very funny! Great job, I can't think of anything I'd change! 5/5 :)

JoPepper said...
That's kind of funny!!!!!! Very good I really like it.  I couldn't find your Relative Perspetives Keep Writing!!!! :D

Eirias replied...
Thanks! It was on the forums, it's probably on page 2 or 3 by now.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is funny! it made me smile!  I feel like you should through copies and copies of this on the streets of New York and just see how many smiles you can get from people picking this up and reading it! If it had been me writing this poem, then i would have some inspirational, amazing line at the end. Then, the poem would have that silliness, but it could also make the reader ponder over the thought of the last line. it would make their day and plus impact them. i realize that you went in a... (more »)

Eirias replied...
Did you make a mistake? You liked it, but gave it a 1 out of 5 stars?

Eirias replied...
By the way, I don't live in New York. If I did that where I live, I'd probably get cops on me for littering all over everyone's nice lawns!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I was definitely NOT the one that gave you 1 out of 5 stars! Whoever did that wow. I thought it was great. I don't know, but i have not rated this article yet. I will now though... :) I only get one rate per day per article so this will prove that i am not two  faced. 5/5 all the way! :) Don't believe whoever rated it that- it is truly great. And haha!- yeah, the cops might be after you, true, but people are always passing out flyers maybe you could do that. lol :D

Eirias replied...
Well, maybe I can do stop signs. And whoever gave me the low rating just went down my poems and gave them all a bad one.

I don't know why someone would do that. One time before i had someone go through my poems ( i had four on the site then) rating them 1 star, 2, 3, and 4 stars in that order. I couldn't believe it! I bet they didn't even read my poems! At least not thoroughly. I mean, to me, 4 stars is okay, but anything below it kind of hurts. if i don't really like a poem, then i just don't do anything at all. I don't comment or rate. All i can think is that the person was jealous, bored, or trying to get you b... (more »)

Brandon O. replied...
Yeah, if feel the same way. I figured this site would be okay, because it's only us writers (which, by nature, tend to be sensitive, goody-two-shoes), but I guess even TeenInk is corrupt. I don't rate it unless I can give it a 5.