Life.

Death should not come easily
It shouldn't be decided
By those who deem better
Than you,
Life should be lived
Freely and unconditionally 
Like love,
Sweet and wholesome 
The journey of life,
Starts before you're born
And the destination of life
Doesn't end at death,
It goes on forever
And forever it will go on,
Believe it or don't
Want it or don't 
But please, I beg,
See and smile
Because life is slowly stopping,
At least just for a while

Mystiecub said...
Interesting theme in this poem, I like it! :) this is creative and, in fact, telling the truth :D

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm :
thanks! 

ItsAshMal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:32 am:

I really like the reasurring, peaceful imagery brought on by this poem. It's actually really soothing, and the one solid stanza helps further the feeling of continuity. 

One negative that caught my eye was the punctuation; if you have punctuation at the end of some lines, it's generally accepted that it should be at the end of all your lines. Also, I really like the idea of repitition for this poem, but I think you might be able to find better words to repeat t... (more »)

Aug. 31, 2011 at 3:22 pm :
thank you! :)

SayshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

'It goes on forever
And forever it will go on,' was my favorite part! I think this is my favorite of the ones i've read of yours! great writing and really thought-provoking! :D

Aug. 27, 2011 at 5:09 pm :
thank you! :) oh by the way i rated your poems justa minute ago, if you were wondering who it was!

MoraleAshThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This is really thought provoking and I like that! Great job; keep writing!

Aug. 24, 2011 at 7:51 am :
thank you! and of course i'll keep writing :P! :)

Raytheraym said...
Very good! I like the flow of it!

Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:16 pm :
thank you! :)

JerseyGirl716 said...
I absolutely loved this, you have a great flow! 5/5!

Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:15 pm :
thanks! :)

MagicMan2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good Job. It is really a great poem.

Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:16 pm :
thanks so much! :)

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
This. Was. Awesome , and true and flowy. Loved it :)

Aug. 18, 2011 at 7:10 pm :
thanks! i'm happy you liked it! 

Shayna121 said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 7:26 pm:
I love the rhyme scheme, the imagery, EVERYTHING! Great job!

Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:20 pm :
thank you so much! it means a lot!! :)

Megan.J.B said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 10:18 am:
I really liked this although I found "Want it or don't" a little awkward. I would have changed that to "want it or not." but that's just my opinion. 

Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:19 pm :
thanks! and will keep that in mind! :)