Life.

Death should not come easily
It shouldn't be decided
By those who deem better
Than you,
Life should be lived
Freely and unconditionally 
Like love,
Sweet and wholesome 
The journey of life,
Starts before you're born
And the destination of life
Doesn't end at death,
It goes on forever
And forever it will go on,
Believe it or don't
Want it or don't 
But please, I beg,
See and smile
Because life is slowly stopping,
At least just for a while

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thought this was amazing!!! Very well done, and I agree with the message :)

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks :) means a lot!

ritabelle511 said...
This was great! I definitely agree with the message - it made me think about the whole "Circle of Life" thing from The Lion King :) Life has got to be lived, otherwise it will pass you by!  Fantastic job!

Jul. 27, 2011 at 6:29 am
thanks :)              

blitsnik said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:10 am
I really liked it, especially the part about how life starts before your born and goes on after death. Im not really all that into free verse, so i rated it a 4, but then it sat and stewed in my head, and i kinda regret not giving it a 5. great job!

its fine! 4 is still high! thanks :)

ohmakemeover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't necessaily agree with the message, but I can always appreciate poetry that takes a stance.  Creativity is the perfect way to express your views!

thanks :)                   

NaleDawg said...
this was pretty amazing :) 5 stars

thanks! :)    

TheSilverLaurel said...
this is great, i love how it flows. 5 stars, just a shame i cant put 6

thanks! thats so nice! :)       

Robyn97 said...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 11:50 am
Very important to live life (strange how so many people don't) and you did a beautiful job. I definately like.

thanks :), means a lot! :)

CarrieAnn13 said...
Nice poem!  It is important to realize how beautiful life is and you do a good job conveying that message. :)

thanks :)            

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks so much everyone for commenting, it really means a lot! I'm really trying to get this in the magazine so thanks!

KaileyZulimaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how the ending ryhmes (? I think that's how it's spelled:) and also how the message is easy to understand:) GREAT job;)

musicispassion said...
great i love it ur a great writer

gigi01 said...
Very beautiful! I like how you compare life to love itself... interesting take on it, but so true! Good message too btw... 5 stars all the way:)